• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!! How do I file a civil law suit in California?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nachoice

What is the name of your state?

California

I truly need help in how to file a civil law suit

This is my situation

I had a romantic interest in a coworker
She chose another person and I quit the job because of that
3 weeks later she contacts me
She was pregnant, left alone, and had lost her job
Since the beginning I had mentioned to her I was romantically interested in her, and that I had opened arms for her and I would accept the child and marry her

She told me to give her sometime and let her heal
I then realized she needed money, and supported her financially for 5 months
Then now she is leaving california, tells me I should not contact ever again, etc (going back to her former state).

I want to file a law suit for all the money I spent on her
It brought my finances down, since we did not live together and it was multiple expenses

I want to file to for deception.
Why? Because now she says she had a live in boyfriend and that she used me just to get money(which I think is a lie).

Even if I don't get any money back, I still want to file the suit to teach her a lesson not to play with people's feelings and money

I reside in the bay area California

Thanks for your help

rmet4nzkx

If you think she committed fraud, report it to the police.
What contract did you have?
Was the money a gift or a loan?
What are your damages?
Can you prove your damages?
Did you ever have sex with her or could the child be yours?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

nachoice said:

California

This is my situation

Since the beginning I had mentioned to her I was romantically interested in her, and that I had opened arms for her and I would accept the child and marry her

Then now she is leaving california, tells me I should not contact ever again, etc (going back to her former state).

It brought my finances down, since we did not live together and it was multiple expenses

Why? Because now she says she had a live in boyfriend and that she used me just to get money(which I think is a lie).

Even if I don't get any money back, I still want to file the suit to teach her a lesson not to play with people's feelings and money

Thanks for your help

My response:

You have no cause of action. But . . .

Congratulations!

Your initial post was copied and just became a Runner-Up in our end-of-the-year, "Most Stupid Post" contest, being held on December 15, 2005 and the winner will be chosen by popular vote on that date!

Thank you! Make sure to come back on December 15, 2005 to see if you're our Grand Prize winner! Our 2004 Winner walked away with a brand new Chevrolet "Corvette" convertible!

Here's a list of the finalists of the 2004 "Most Stupid Post" contest so that you can compare yours to the "competition". Just click on this link: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=204109 and have a chuckle or two while reading! NUMBER SIX was our GRAND PRIZE WINNER!

Yes, I know it's incredible, and I know you're blushing with pride - - but, believe it or not, your post could be our Grand Prize winner for 2005! We're giving away TERRIFIC PRIZES! For further Details, Rules, and Prize list, click on this link for more information:

http://petit.philou.free.fr/

IAAL

S

seniorjudge

nachoice said:

California

This is my situation

Thanks for your help
File a small claims suit if you think you have grounds.

However, the situation where a relationship goes bad and suddenly the jilted party (sometimes the jiltee) decides that the money wasn't a gift but a loan.

Small claims judges call this "common law divorce." The person wanting the money rarely, if ever, wins.

If you do file, be sure to tell the judge:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">