• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex wife still using my last name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenn82lancemade

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri, My husbands ex wife is still using our last name,even though she asked for and was granted the return of her maiden name,She has a criminal past of fraud and theft. Is it leagle for her to keep using our last name?
she may just be still using it because of the children or because of some of her bills. Even though she asked to have it changed she doesn't have to change her last name. Me personally I'm not keeping my married name because I want move on and forget about that part of my life. But so far it's legal for her to keep her married name until the law states other wise she isn't doing anything illegal by not changing back to her maiden name.

I'mTheFather

she may just be still using it because of the children or because of some of her bills. Even though she asked to have it changed she doesn't have to change her last name. Me personally I'm not keeping my married name because I want move on and forget about that part of my life. But so far it's legal for her to keep her married name until the law states other wise she isn't doing anything illegal by not changing back to her maiden name.
Thanks for playing. I'm sure the OP was waiting 6 weeks for your opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">