• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband had a heart attack

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? oh.

I guess this is a question more for my husband, then myself. We have resolved all of our marital issues and our divorce is upcoming. Thank you to everyone who helped me through it.

For those that remember my husband had a child with a woman and we are now divorcing. He has visitation with his son. This past week, he had a heart attack when he had his son with him. His son is under a year old. It was a mild heart attack, and my husband should be fine. My husband called my son and said he "felt funny" and my son came and drove him and his son to the hospital. My son called the mother of my husbands son and she came and picked him up.

She has seen my husband and now says that she would feel more comfortable if he had someone with him for the next few months when he has his/her son. They have an agreement with the courts for the dates and times that he has visitation, can she request that someone else is present for the next few months? Is that reasonable?

Thank you.

moburkes

I should have posted my question different...:rolleyes:

How do they work it out? Is it a legal issue now?
You still didn't ask correctly. If she wants to change visitation, she will need permission from the courts. Until she gets that permission, she cannot deviate from the orders, or she can/will be found in contempt.

You still didn't ask correctly. If she wants to change visitation, she will need permission from the courts. Until she gets that permission, she cannot deviate from the orders, or she can/will be found in contempt.
I apologize for not asking correctly...

You still answered my question though, so thanks.

LdiJ

I guess this is a question more for my husband, then myself. We have resolved all of our marital issues and our divorce is upcoming. Thank you to everyone who helped me through it.

For those that remember my husband had a child with a woman and we are now divorcing. He has visitation with his son. This past week, he had a heart attack when he had his son with him. His son is under a year old. It was a mild heart attack, and my husband should be fine. My husband called my son and said he "felt funny" and my son came and drove him and his son to the hospital. My son called the mother of my husbands son and she came and picked him up.

She has seen my husband and now says that she would feel more comfortable if he had someone with him for the next few months when he has his/her son. They have an agreement with the courts for the dates and times that he has visitation, can she request that someone else is present for the next few months? Is that reasonable?

Thank you.
Yes, it is MORE than reasonable...and your husband should not only be not objecting to that, but should be insisting upon it himself. He has a serious health problem and his child's safety should be more important to him than anything else.

Yes, it is MORE than reasonable...and your husband should not only be not objecting to that, but should be insisting upon it himself. He has a serious health problem and his child's safety should be more important to him than anything else.
I agree. I've been posting my questions wrong tonight, I guess. My husband is VERY stubborn, and thinks that he's fine...I know.

The mother said that she doesn't care if it's my son, daughters, or even a 10 year old that's around. Just as long as it's someone who could take care of the baby or make a phone call if need be. My husband says she's out of her mind.

tigger22472

I agree. I've been posting my questions wrong tonight, I guess. My husband is VERY stubborn, and thinks that he's fine...I know.

The mother said that she doesn't care if it's my son, daughters, or even a 10 year old that's around. Just as long as it's someone who could take care of the baby or make a phone call if need be. My husband says she's out of her mind.

Well, your husband is being unreasonable and although mom is to follow the current order if she were to withhold visitation and file for an emergency hearing and ask for this reasonable issue she would not be facing any kind of contempt issues. The most she would get is MAYBE a stern talk by the judge but that's not even a for sure thing. She's only asking for a few months and this has already happened while he had the child... the child cannot speak for or help itself. She could have temporary orders made and if during that time he were to have another attack it could be problems for him but still the child would be safe.

Just Blue

Thank you.
I said it before and I'll sayit again...Yuor husband is a fool! You are a nice lady...:cool: :)

LdiJ

Like everybody else said, your husband is being totally unreasonable. He needs someone else around.

And he needs all of you to reduce the stress being placed on him, or the whole issue will soon be moot.
No one is putting any stress on him, but himself! I have not even spoken to him about it. My son spoke to him about it and let him know that he agrees with the baby's mother. My husband is the one who is being stubborn. I asked the question here because I was curious to what the answer would be. But thanks for placing blame.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Quite frankly I am going to disagree with the other parties -- while it may seem that dad is being unreasonable a judge may not find that he is unless there is proof that another heart attack is forthcoming. The child was NOT in danger and I do not see a judge in Ohio stating that dad because he had a slight heart attack needs to be supervised while in visitation with his son.
The court order needs to be followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">