• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband had a heart attack

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LdiJ

Quite frankly I am going to disagree with the other parties -- while it may seem that dad is being unreasonable a judge may not find that he is unless there is proof that another heart attack is forthcoming. The child was NOT in danger and I do not see a judge in Ohio stating that dad because he had a slight heart attack needs to be supervised while in visitation with his son.
The court order needs to be followed.
BS again Ohiogal.

Yes, you may be technically correct if mom was asking for supervision.

However mom isn't asking for supervision. She is asking for another person, even a 10 year old, to be present for a few months until its more certain that dad's medical issues have stabilized. She is being totally reasonable. Dad is not.

I am saying this from the standpoint of a person who DID have a mild heart attack many years ago. I insisted on someone else being present 24/7 for a couple of months afterwards, FOR THE SAFETY OF MY INFANT CHILD.

I am also familiar with cases where judges ordered that someone else be present, not for supervision, but due to medical issues and safety issues for the child.

Yes, its possible that a lazy judge and poor attorneys could end up with the result you described. However that isn't in the best interest of the child, and you would be a poor attorney in my opinion for not encouraging your client to have someone else present in a similar scenario.

Its a no-brainer. "I had a heart attack...my infant child needs a backup person present until my health has stabilized."

Unless of course you are willing to be a participant in one of those cases where an infant or toddler ends up being alone with their parent's dead body for some period of time...because some idiot attorney didn't explain "reality" to their client.

I have been really rude here. That isn't normally what I want to do. I respect you greatly but when you respond to things in this respect it frustrates the heck out of me. You KNOW better. I am certain that you would NEVER advise a client this way, so why in the heck would you put this kind of thing out on an internet message board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">