• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I think I found some drugs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mr_Natural

What is the name of your state? NC
My son, who is 21, lives with us. Today, my wife happened to be cleaning his bedroom and found a plastic bag with some white powdery substance in it. She showed it to me and asked me if I knew what it was. I told her I didn't know what it was, but I suspect it might be drugs of some kind.

I thought about having it analyzed somewhere or taking it to the police station, but I'm afraid he'll get arrested.

I also thought about just confronting him and asking him what it is. If it ends up being nothing of any consequence, then I look like an a-- hole for accusing him. I figure he'll probably try to lie about it anyway and I'd have to have it analyzed or forever wonder if I was falsely accusing him.:mad:

H

hexeliebe

You could always send it to me and I'll let you know what it was :D

Seriously, is there a legal question hidden in there somewhere?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Mr_Natural said:
What is the name of your state? NC
My son, who is 21, lives with us. Today, my wife happened to be cleaning his bedroom and found a plastic bag with some white powdery substance in it. She showed it to me and asked me if I knew what it was. I told her I didn't know what it was, but I suspect it might be drugs of some kind.

I thought about having it analyzed somewhere or taking it to the police station, but I'm afraid he'll get arrested.

I also thought about just confronting him and asking him what it is. If it ends up being nothing of any consequence, then I look like an a-- hole for accusing him. I figure he'll probably try to lie about it anyway and I'd have to have it analyzed or forever wonder if I was falsely accusing him.:mad:

My response:

Without a chemical analysis, which will obviously involve the police, there's only one other way to find out - -

Place a small mirror on your coffee table. Get a razor blade, and a straw. Cut the straw in half. Now, spread a little on the mirror and use the razor blade to make some row lines - - about 2 inches long, and a quarter inch wide. Now, take the straw and place in your right nostril. Bend down to the mirror and place the other end of the straw at the beginning of one of the "lines". Now, inhale through your nose and, as you do so, move up the line.

If you start hallucinating in about 10 minutes, you'll know it's Cocaine.

SPECIAL NOTE: Just what the hell do you think a 21 year old will have in a baggy that has white powder? Geez, does this really take a rocket scientist?

He's placing both you and your wife in extreme danger of losing everything in your lives. Kick his ass out!

IAAL

Mr_Natural

I already pretty much knew it was drugs of some kind. I'd just like to find out specifically what kind, cocaine, heroin, meth, etc. without getting him arrested trying to find out.

Then I'll give him an ultimatum, "bring it in the house again and your out the door"

H

hexeliebe

O.K. since you didn't get the hint IAAL gave you here's a surefire way to find out if it's drugs.

When sonny comes home have him meet you in the kitchen. While you're standing over the sink tell him you found something in his room and proceed to take it out of your pocket and dump it in the sink, water running full on.

If he faints, his lips moisten or he gets a sickly glaze over his eyes, it's DRUGS!!!

Then show him the door. PERIOD!

Oh, and IAAL, make sure you tell him to cut the straw in equal lengths. Most of my druggie friends wouldn't be straight enough not to think you meant cutting it in half lengthways. :rolleyes:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I guess I've watched one too many Al Pacino movies. "Scarface" immediately comes to mind. Remember seeing that "mountain" of coke on his table, and him falling face first into it? What a riot that was!

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

Remember it?

Hell man, I THINK I lived it. The 70s and part of the 80s are still a bit hazy around the edges

can a private party legally contract with a lab to perform tests on contraband without notifying law enforcement?

as for the 10-minute wait for the high... IAAL must be using some type of timed-release cocaine that is still under the DEA radar.

U

upinNC

Before you confront him, dump out the powder and flush it down the toilet - then replace it with talcum powder or icing sugar (that way if he grabs it and runs away and tries to use it he will be in for a big surprise!).

B

billy456

ok you have a serious problem

If your child is using drugs -- hard drugs i.e. cocaine, -- then you need to do something NOW about it. Look in the yellow pages for drug testing labs. Call them and ask them for a referall to a place that can test substances to determine if it is a drug or not. Yeah I guess it is possible that it is sugar or talcom powder but why the heck would your child have that in a baggie HIDDEN in his room?! I know you don't want your kid to get angry over thinking you don't trust him, but you found a white substance in a baggie in his room!! What the heck do you think it is?! Don't listen to these jokers on here. Get the substance tested, then if it is actually cocaine, GET YOUR KID TESTED. None of this needs to go through the police. You can also get kits to test his room. There are these napkin cloth type things that you can buy and what you do is wipe it over the surfaces of furniture, bed, books, computer, etc. in your kid's room. Then you send it back and they test it to see if there is any illegal drug residue on it. DO THIS NOW. Now is the time to nip this in the bud. This is the best thing for your child. You know this. Don't worry about not trusting him. He will get over it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">