• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3rd dui question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quickandslick

5 months ago I got my second DUI (last one was 6 years ago) for driving under my persciption for xanax. I had .04 in my bac. Just last week I received another one for xanax with no alcohol in my system. I am terrified of what will happen jail wise. I hired a very good DUI attorney. When my arraignment for the second one comes next month will I be sent back to jail with posted bail?

dave33

Violations of probation and/or bail violations always carry a very real possibility of jail.You were still out on bail for the 2nd when you got arrested for the 3rd?

CdwJava

5 months ago I got my second DUI (last one was 6 years ago) for driving under my persciption for xanax. I had .04 in my bac. Just last week I received another one for xanax with no alcohol in my system. I am terrified of what will happen jail wise. I hired a very good DUI attorney. When my arraignment for the second one comes next month will I be sent back to jail with posted bail?
What state are you in?

CdwJava

Yes, it might be possible that your bail will be revoked, but that's not too common. However, it is possible that the court might ask that you surrender your license as a condition of release since it seems clear that you have a drug and/or alcohol problem that is putting many others at risk.

quickandslick

I believe when I spoke with my attorney he said that I would still be able to get a restricted license because I was under .08 both times.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
You "believe"?

You need to start paying more attention to what your attorney says. You're paying him very good money, I'm sure.

arsenic

Can we get any more useless replies here?

The only knowledgeable/ non-judgmental post here is from CDW (as usual). Otherwise the advice is :

1) You suck!

2) Get a lawyer!

3) You suck and you need a lawyer!

You know, most ofus know we did wrong, and need a lawyer. Can you add any legal/police advice on top of the obvious?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">