• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

License revocation question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

witzeroni

Just buried a young man here that I have known most of his life for another DUI collision ... in my county almost every fatal collision is alcohol related. Those few that are NOT alcohol related tend to be related to hard drugs.

I have a huge bias against DUI. Having a kid die in your arms while the drunk that killed him is complaining about his civil rights tends to sway one against the minimization of the offense.
I feel for you - you seem like an honest, sincere, and good man from what I could gather from your posts. May the soul of that young man and all other faithfully departed rest in God's peace.

quincy

I feel for you - you seem like an honest, sincere, and good man from what I could gather from your posts. May the soul of that young man and all other faithfully departed rest in God's peace.
... and may all of those who drive drunk and hurt or kill others pay for their crime.

Now, witzeroni, perhaps you can start your own thread, or revive one of your own old drunk-driving threads, instead of continuing to hi-jack those of others? Thank you.

witzeroni

... and may all of those who drive drunk and hurt or kill others pay for their crime.
and may all of those who have hurt or kill others pay for their crimes. Why do you want only those who are drunk to pay for their crimes? How about anybody who hurts or kills to pay for his/her crime?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
and may all of those who have hurt or kill others pay for their crimes. Why do you want only those who are drunk to pay for their crimes? How about anybody who hurts or kills to pay for his/her crime?
Quincy wasn't excluding others. THIS thread is about drunken driving, so it logically follows that we would speak about the effects of drunken driving.

Now, witzeroni, please stop hijacking threads.

CdwJava

They do! Fines and restitution are associated with virtually all crimes. Because DUI suspects might also be gainfully employed (as opposed to the crack dealer, the gang member, the unemployed spousal abuser, etc.) those DUI suspects might tend to have the money to pay their fines and minimize jail time ... others, not so much.

You seem to be advocating that DUI offenders should get a free pass all because some other offenders might not have the resources to pay huge fines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">