• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions about Diversion? Program.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bawbb1414

What is the name of your state? Virginia.

Hey there, one of my posts is still posted on this site, "need help with drug charges, va". We saw a lawyer on friday, and he gave us some valuable information, and mentioned something called the Diversion? program. From what I understood, it is a program that drops? or reduces charges if you attend drug counceling, community service, etc. I have a few questions about this service, and if anyone could answer them for me, I would be VERY much obliged.

1. Who is the Diversion program intended for? I am a very good student, I attend a lot, I get good grades (A's and B's) and my teachers all speak highly of me, and are willing to write recomendations. Would this help my chances into entering said program?

2. WHAT is the Diversion program. I.E, what do you do in it, what kind of classes could I be attending (It's okay if you can't be specific, just answer things you know from your own experience or things you know about the program) and for how long?

3. Do you think the police will drop the charges that I have against me if I attend this program? (I don't know what they are yet, I havent been charged I am going to a hearing on friday to see what I am being charged with. I think it may be either Misdemeanor Possesion or Misdemeanor Possession with Intent to distribute. I had 4.5 grams, which my lawyer informs me is a small amount, and they might not charge me with FELONY possesion with intent t/ distribute.)

Thank you, for reading, and please if you have any information about the Juvenile Diversion program and what are the qualifications for it's Candidacy, please post and give me some information! Much obliged!
::confused::

macscards

I'm no expert. But, usually there are 2 type of diversion, pre-trial and judicial. Do a search for your state and pre-trial diversion or judicial diversion. You should get the info you're looking for. Be very grateful to get either and stay in school.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">