• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic stopped and charged..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lak3land_b0i

What is the name of your state? FLorida, Lakeland, polk county

Ok the other night me and a friend were stoped for an out tail light. We checked the tail light and it wasnt out at the time the other officer had asked to search the vechicle and had found a bong in the trunk. The person i was with has a clean record and i took the charge for it . But it wasnt my car it was the other persons and there really wasn't an out tail light. the person recieved no ticket for this "out tail" light and no warning or anything about it ... is there anyway to get the possesion charges at least no billed for any reason at all? or what choices do i have to go about this case?

seniorjudge

Q: is there anyway to get the possesion charges at least no billed for any reason at all? or what choices do i have to go about this case?

A: What is your record like?

justalayman

other officer had asked to search the vechicle and had found a bong in the trunk.
you (or somebody there) willingly allowed a search of the vehicle. Now, how do think that will fly when you claim they had no right to search the vehicle.

granted, you may try to argue the entire stop was illegal but since you did allow the search, I suspect you will be fighting a losing battle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">