• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Police report!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rushia

Lady,the BF WILL have a record even if the case is dropped or he is acquitted. Arrest records in Mass are governed by CORI. The mere fact of his court appearance is on his public record and he won't be able to get the case sealed on his record unless he can demonstrate actual harm to him such as actual denial of a job or an apartment. What if he was held in jail on bail? What if he has to pay attorney fees? Your comment about a life lesson to HIM is asinine. If HE did nothing wrong in the first place, why is HE the one going through anxiety and legal problems?

Stop painting all men with the DV brush just because you had a bad situation. You have some serious mental issues if you think its ok that she filed a false report because he must have done SOMETHING. Last time I checked, cheating on a significant other didn't constitute anything other than being promiscuous which in a legal sense doesn't amount to anything. Bad but legal behavior doesn't justify using DV as a weapon to get what you want, and you're own clouded past is preventing you from seeing that women DO use it as a weapon.

Might I cosign this? I would also like to add that people like the OP clog the system and prevent the people who REALLY need the help from getting it.

Last edited by a moderator:

KimInNY

Lady, the BF WILL have a record even if the case is dropped or he is acquitted. Arrest records in Mass are governed by CORI. The mere fact of his court appearance is on his public record and he won't be able to get the case sealed on his record unless he can demonstrate actual harm to him such as actual denial of a job or an apartment. What if he was held in jail on bail? What if he has to pay attorney fees? Your comment about a life lesson to HIM is asinine. If HE did nothing wrong in the first place, why is HE the one going through anxiety and legal problems?

Stop painting all men with the DV brush just because you had a bad situation. You have some serious mental issues if you think its ok that she filed a false report because he must have done SOMETHING. Last time I checked, cheating on a significant other didn't constitute anything other than being promiscuous which in a legal sense doesn't amount to anything. Bad but legal behavior doesn't justify using DV as a weapon to get what you want, and you're own clouded past is preventing you from seeing that women DO use it as a weapon.

The fact that HE was the one who injured this girl to the point of false accusations speaks for itself. We dont know that he has not been abusive. I am not a lawyer an I don live in Ma and I dont care for cheaters.and anything i posted is OBVIOUSLY my oppininon, which I have not tried to disguise'd as paid for legal advise.

bottom line is this girl posted she was hurt bad enough to press charges. She subseqently felt bad and wanted to retract her statement because it was "false" We dont know anything more. As a person, not a lawyer, not a judge not a da not a cop, gave her my experiance with the matter of DV cases and the most likely way it will turn out using my method, which has "worked" for me on more then one occasion.

So sue me for my oppinions. I have no simathy for men who willingly injur a woman to the point of false accusations, and I dont care to try to defend scumbags.

Last edited by a moderator:

davew128

The fact that HE was the one who injured this girl to the point of false accusations speaks for itself. We dont know that he has not been abusive. I am not a lawyer an I don live in Ma and I dont care for cheaters.and anything i posted is OBVIOUSLY my oppininon, which I have not tried to disguise'd as paid for legal advise.

bottom line is this girl posted she was hurt bad enough to press charges. She subseqently felt bad and wanted to retract her statement because it was "false" We dont know anything more. As a person, not a lawyer, not a judge not a da not a cop, gave her my experiance with the matter of DV cases and the most likely way it will turn out using my method, which has "worked" for me on more then one occasion.

So sue me for my oppinions. I have no simathy for men who willingly injur a woman to the point of false accusations, and I dont care to try to defend scumbags.
Let me put this in terms even you will understand: YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

You claim we don't know that he hasn't been abusive and that you're offering an opinion and not legal advise. Thank goodness its not legal advice because your simple minded opinion would put innocent people in jail. You don't get it. If there is no evidence of abuse, he should not be in this predicament. Yet here we are. The burden is to offer proof of physical abuse, not assume "Well he cheated on her and thats abuse". The only conclusion I can come up with here is that you are a man hater because no objective observer would want someone thrown in jail without something to back it up simply because there has to be something.

Whatever the reason they do it, when someone lies and puts someone in jail, the problem is the person who lied not the person in jail.

Rushia

Yet you do defend them. You defend your personal "scumbag" everytime you allow him to get away with abusing you.

My personal advice to you is NOT to post on DV threads. I have questioned your advice before and have not called you on it. If you cannot post unbiased legal advice, then don't post.

It does NOT matter if OP's bf was cheating on her, it does NOT give her the right to cry abuse. I will repeat that it wastes the time of every person involved, from the "victim" to the judge AND takes away from the people who really need the help.

KimInNY

Yet you do defend them. You defend your personal "scumbag" everytime you allow him to get away with abusing you.

My personal advice to you is NOT to post on DV threads. I have questioned your advice before and have not called you on it. If you cannot post unbiased legal advice, then don't post.

It does NOT matter if OP's bf was cheating on her, it does NOT give her the right to cry abuse. I will repeat that it wastes the time of every person involved, from the "victim" to the judge AND takes away from the people who really need the help.

Nomatter your oppinion, whatever is done has been done, whatever happend between them happend. it actually doesnt matter, any of it, what matters is the OP posted she felt bad, and wanted to correct her mistake, without incriminating herself.

I gave her advise based on my experiance and my oppinion of the justice system and the way it worked for me. My unbiased legal advice is to protect her from further damaging her or his pardicament.

I defend my scumbag because it is obviously my choice to live this way, and if I were a stronger person I would be able to go thru with pressing charges, but to be honest at this point in my relationship, I too would need to make a false complaint, and push thru with it to get the justice I deserve. so whatever.

my advise is both unbiased and ment to give the OP advise the legal profession wont tell her.

I stand by my assumption that if the man was a stand up guy, with honesty and respectability and lived as such, he woulnt be in this pardicament. at all.

You cannot judge, not me, not the OP. you dont really know and neither do I so lets just say this guy was great., he was responcible, he was wonderful, he was the best guy in all creation. Then he simply tried to break up with OP and did so in a sencitive and thoughtfull way. and she was upset (understandably) so she .... scratched her face and pulled her hair and made it look like there was a terrable fight, .. meanwhile the dude is at his regular church meeting la ti da, and BOOM, now he has to defend himself against a craaazy chick. who is mad he doesnt love her.

OK that is a situation where she should recant her statement and appolojise to the court and get her a wonderfull court appointed legal aid to prove her insanity,

If that was not the case, and the relationship was hell and this is how it is over then I have no simpathy for the dude and while I agree it clogs the court system and takes away from women who really could use the intervention, theres nothing she can do about it now.

Whatever what is done is done, and besides NY tenent law and NY criminal law DV law is the one I know best. I will not be defered, I am an advocate for woman weather or not they choose to admit to ongoing abuse. I also strongly believe abuse can be so well hidden even from the abusee that all of free advce . com attacks the victim as a lier and whatnot.

My continued abuse only serves others as I am that much more equiped to recognize the signs and the best corse of action for the desired result.

KimInNY

But....but...but...He willingly injured OP by cheating on her and he should sit in jail for it! :rolleyes:

you should be paying attention, he is not going to jail. he will be slightly inconvienenced, and if he plays his cards right he wont even have to pay for a lawyer to defend him.

and cheating, by the way, when excessive and in her face without any concern for feelings, self esteem and well being is a form of abuse. sorry to break it to you.

( for example comming home to find a women in her bed time and time again is emotional abuse as it damages her mentally and emotionally. )

Just Blue

As a matter of fact I do, it sais in the united states constitution, that a person accused of a crimial act must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, and a statement is not enough proof, (and according to her orig. post, they dont even have that, they have a police report, there hadnt even been an investigation to see if it wes real or not.) there is no direct testimony to back it up (and not because shes dead.) and no pictures or witnesses or a complainant. so the charges must be dropped.

Again and again my hubby has been told the state picked up the case and they were going to procecute, but without me they had nothing.(and the charges were not made up, they had pics of the bruses and black eyes, i was damn neer dead and they had nothing, They found the gun, they had the 911 tape and the statement from me, couldnt make that stick either, so thoes charges are way more serious then a false report, and how do you expect the DA to prove something that didnt happen.

Seriously... , this dude needs a lawyer and he should get one. PERIOD. his lawyer will point out the prosecution has no case and hopefully it goes no further then that.

Kim...Please post the portion of the US Constitution that states that a statement is not enough proof for a trial to proceed. I'll wait.....

KimInNY

Let me put this in terms even you will understand: YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

You claim we don't know that he hasn't been abusive and that you're offering an opinion and not legal advise. Thank goodness its not legal advice because your simple minded opinion would put innocent people in jail. You don't get it. If there is no evidence of abuse, he should not be in this predicament. Yet here we are. The burden is to offer proof of physical abuse, not assume "Well he cheated on her and thats abuse". The only conclusion I can come up with here is that you are a man hater because no objective observer would want someone thrown in jail without something to back it up simply because there has to be something.

Whatever the reason they do it, when someone lies and puts someone in jail, the problem is the person who lied not the person in jail.

she said she doesnt want him in jail and that she is sorry. she may very well have over reacted but its too late. I am not a man hater, I am a hater of men who's sexual deviance causes another woman excessive pain.

As I said at the beginning, there is no proof of physical abuse( and physical abuse is not always the worst kind. by the way) so just that easy the case is most likely dropped due to what???? lack of evidence, lack of a complainent and lack of witnesses, = lack of case.

My simple minded oppinion is she stop cooperating, and leave it to the professionals. she needs to find in her heart weather or not hes been abusive. and be on with her life.

fairisfair

you should be paying attention, he is not going to jail. he will be slightly inconvienenced, and if he plays his cards right he wont even have to pay for a lawyer to defend him.

and cheating, by the way, when excessive and in her face without any concern for feelings, self esteem and well being is a form of abuse. sorry to break it to you.

( for example comming home to find a women in her bed time and time again is emotional abuse as it damages her mentally and emotionally. )

Really, please cite the domestic abuse law that includes cheating???

I will wait with Bay.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rushia

Kim, PLEASE stop. You CANNOT advocate that you are against DV. You are unable to help people until you help yourself.

You are the ONLY person defending the OP. Shouldn't that tell you something?

LOL, walking in and finding your SO in bed with another women is only abuse if you let it continue. Honestly, where do you get this nonsense. If I were to walk in on my DH in bed with another woman, it would be the last time he would see me walk in the door of the same home. It would be his loss, not mine.

KimInNY

Definition of Domestic Violence
Domestic violence is defined as a pattern of coercive and controlling behaviors and tactics used by one person over another to gain power and control. This may include verbal abuse, financial abuse, emotional, *****sexual******, and physical abuse. Domestic violence occurs in heterosexual, as well as same-sex partnerships, and crosses all ethnic, racial and socio-economic lines.

Domestic Violence Facts:

* 95% of Domestic Violence victims are women (U.S. Department of Justice).
* Over three million women are battered each year (FBI 1990).
* The Surgeon General has declared Domestic Violence as the leading cause of injury to women between the ages of 15-44; more than rapes, muggings, and car accidents combined.
* The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention cites that a woman is in nine times more danger in her own home than on the street
* Nearly one-third of all women murdered in the US in 1998 were killed by a current or former intimate partner; guns were used in almost two-thirds of the homicides (Homicide Trends in the US, 2001).
* Thirty-seven percent of all women who sought emergency room treatment for violence-related injuries were injured by a current or former spouse, boyfriend, or girlfriend (US Department of Justice, 1998).
* Between twelve percent and thirty-five percent of teenagers have experienced some form of violence - from pushing and shoving to hitting - in a dating relationship (Simon and Golden, 1997).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">