• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defective Shim on a truck.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tykkimies

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I work with heavy machinery and I got hit in the head by a shim that shot off of a truck. There was another guy that was killed from the same exact thing. The fault was from a design problem and not a problem from usage. I found out that there was a recall on the product 2 months ago before i got hit, but we just got the notice 2 days ago (Which is months after i was hit). Do i have a case against the manufacturer or are they safe because of the recall that we recieved too late?

tykkimies

it was near death... Had a severe concusion, my brain was bleeding into my ear, and i still get major headaches as of today.

seniorjudge

it was near death... Had a severe concusion, my brain was bleeding into my ear, and i still get major headaches as of today.
How long ago was your injury?

Do you have permanent damages (that is, can you medically connect the headaches with the injury)?

tykkimies

my doctors told me that its at the same location of the injury. And i forgot to mention i have short term memory loss too. And i reread what i thought was the recall and its not a recall. Just announcing a new shim to replace the old but its not removing the old.

seniorjudge

my doctors told me that its at the same location of the injury. And i forgot to mention i have short term memory loss too. And i reread what i thought was the recall and its not a recall. Just announcing a new shim to replace the old but its not removing the old.
That's interesting.

Please answer these questions:

How long ago was your injury?

Do you have permanent damages (that is, can you medically connect the headaches with the injury)?

tykkimies

i was hit about a month and a half ago. And as far as the headaches im going to the doctor tomorrow. I know that it is from the injury so im sure they will be able to find something to connect it. And i still havn't regained my short term memory.

seniorjudge

You should consult with a personal injury lawyer.

You don't seem to have any serious and permanent physical injuries which would severely limit your damages.

tykkimies

Good News

I went to the talbert headquarters and told them that im going to be suing them and to be ready for the papers. They immediatley got me with their lawyers and decided to settle before anything gets to court. they wanted to get me out with 1 mill but my lawyers got them to up it to 2.5mill. Im rich!!! For those that said i wouldn't get much, maybe catch up on your law a little bit.

You Are Guilty

I went to the talbert headquarters and told them that im going to be suing them and to be ready for the papers. They immediatley got me with their lawyers and decided to settle before anything gets to court. they wanted to get me out with 1 mill but my lawyers got them to up it to 2.5mill. Im rich!!! For those that said i wouldn't get much, maybe catch up on your law a little bit.
So you didn't hire a lawyer and went to their HQ yourself on a Saturday (of Labor Day weekend, no less), then, without any investigation or review of your medical records and history, they offered you $1M, which, after you denied it, they offered you $2.5M on Sunday, the next day?

:rolleyes:

On the bright side, if you think anyone would actually believe that story, you probably do have a good case for getting brain damage from being struck in the head by the shim.

tykkimies

no... i did go to a lawyer. This happened a while ago and they are aware of my medical records. I just never formally told them i was gonna sue until now after i got a lawyer and he said we got a case.

Also i don't really care who believes me about the money. I know i have it and thats all that matters. I just wanted to let ya know that you guys were wrong about this.

Last edited:

You Are Guilty

no... i did go to a lawyer. This happened a while ago and they are aware of my medical records. I just never formally told them i was gonna sue until now after i got a lawyer and he said we got a case.

Also i don't really care who believes me about the money. I know i have it and thats all that matters. I just wanted to let ya know that you guys were wrong about this.
We were? Shucks. I guess you won't mind posting a copy of the settlement agreement (and check) then, right? (Feel free to redact your name or other identifying info).

seniorjudge

Could I interest you in some Louisiana swampland?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">