• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank of America cashed me out a fraud cashier's check.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dreality79

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

So as you know, there are a lot of scams going around regarding posting your vehicle for sell online and then you find a buyer who happens to send you an over payment cashier check and you wire the remainding amount of the check to someone they know in another location, so on and so forth, which happened to me, but it is a bit different, i have been trying to research my scenario which is almost the same, except for the part that i didnt deposit that $16,000.00 check into my bank account. Instead i went to one of the banks local branch, that was printed on the cashiers check, in my area, which is Bank of America, to cash it out and by the way i dont have an account with Bank of America, i do have my own checking account with another bank, but i do not have a checking or any other kind of account with Bank of America, which is the bank who cashed out the check for me, and apperantly the issuers of the cashiers check. Now they, Bank of America, are calling me advising me to give them the money back, because the cashiers check came back as fraud, which part of it has been spent due to some bills that i had to pay, hence the reason why i needed to sell my vehicle. so i dont have, but half of the money to pay the bank back, so my question is, what can the bank do to me, since they were the ones who cashed out, not DEPOSIT, but cashed out the entire check to me, with manager approval?? thanks in advance for all your help.....

Dreality79

Bank of America cashed me out a fraud cashier's check

what do you recommend and then? i did a police report and even the cop wrote on the report that he advised me not to return the money to the bank, also do you think that the bank can work with me since i do not have all the money with me at this point in time?

Dreality79

anymore details as far as what can happened, compared to just telling me to return the money, i know i have to return the money, but i just want to know of the steps that the bank will take to pursuit their money. if you are not able to release this kind of info or you are unaware of what steps will be taken by the bank, then its aight, maybe someone else will reply with more info, again thanks for all your efforts.

seniorjudge

You can get sued and they will take all your stuff.

You can get arrested and they will take you and stuff you in a cell.

Dreality79

Are boats suppose to be sharp?? That is the funniest and yet very disappointing comment I have ever read.....I guess someone is the dullest knife in the drawer lol thanks for all your non help, all i got from this website is "return the money", which i already knew that answer, if you read my posts, but i take it that you guys cant really read or maybe you can, but you cant understand, or possibly you only have one answer to all the questions that are asked around this scenario, which is "Return The Money!!!" I guess i was looking for some free but worthy advise, on MY SCENARIO, and i got one out of two in this website, some free worthless advise

ecmst12

It is unlikely that criminal charges will be pursued if they don't believe you were complicit in the scam. But they can sue you in civil court. Google 'enforcing a judgement in TX' to find out what they can do to get their money.

Dreality79

WOW!!! i guess i was somewhat right when i typed that you guys dont know how to read, cuz in my previous post i NEVER mentioned that your advised was inaccurate, talk about adding words to my post, Seniorjudge. And i guess the OP of Debtcollector' just likes agree on Seniorjudge's posts, hey everyone has their mentor, right?? But out of all this, i do have a BIG THANKS to give to Ecmst12 for the advise, I will look up what you said in google. I really appreciate you taking time to answer my question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">