• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ST500

Arizona

Hi,

I got into a fist fight with my son in-law recently. I was arrested for Assault-intent/reckless/injury and Disorderly conduct-fighting. If I plead innocent will my daughter and son-in-law have to go to court to testify against me. If the do, what will happen if they don’t show up. They do not want to testify against me.

If I plead guilty (with no criminal record) what can I expect the punishment to be.

Thank you
John

mistoffolees

I got into a fist fight with my son in-law recently. I was arrested for Assault-intent/reckless/injury and Disorderly conduct-fighting. If I plead innocent will my daughter and son-in-law have to go to court to testify against me. If the do, what will happen if they don’t show up. They do not want to testify against me.

If I plead guilty (with no criminal record) what can I expect the punishment to be.
Ask your attorney. He will know the judge who has been assigned the case and how he will likely respond.

If you don't have an attorney, get one. It's a lot cheaper than spending a couple of years in jail.

Hot Topic

You should have thought of that before you got in the fist fight. People like you get in trouble, then you worry that you might go to jail. As the saying goes, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">