• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

incomplete pay amount for child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tndad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

Just got done with my final hearing for divorce on Monday. After asking for a month and a half my ex's attorney finally gave me pay stubs for proof of income for my ex on the morning we went to the final hearing. Everything was agreed upon except child support.

She produced pay stubs that showed an income approximately half of mine. She has custody of one child and I have custody of two. Her attorney was advised to use the incomes and file the child support order with the court that day as well as give me a copy of the orders.

When I got the folder with everything in it I went through it and noticed that she only had pay stubs for the last week of January, all of Feb, March, April, May, and 2 weeks of June and yet she calculated her income by adding it all up and dividing it by 6 months since it was only up to junes pay stubs. She actually only had 4 1/2 months worth of pay stubs(18 pay stubs) which lowered her average salary. I have two of the children and she has one child. I make 1321 a month(disability) and by her account she makes only 688 so I was ordered to pay her 94.00 a month plus she now gets the childs check which is 166.00 So in reality she is getting 260.00 a month I think she purposely left those stubs out to lower her pay.

I only have 5 days to get this set aside and ask for it to be recalculated but I have no idea what paper to file to do that before the judge signs the final decree. Can someone point me in the right direction?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

Just got done with my final hearing for divorce on Monday. After asking for a month and a half my ex's attorney finally gave me pay stubs for proof of income for my ex on the morning we went to the final hearing. Everything was agreed upon except child support.

She produced pay stubs that showed an income approximately half of mine. She has custody of one child and I have custody of two. Her attorney was advised to use the incomes and file the child support order with the court that day as well as give me a copy of the orders.

When I got the folder with everything in it I went through it and noticed that she only had pay stubs for the last week of January, all of Feb, March, April, May, and 2 weeks of June and yet she calculated her income by adding it all up and dividing it by 6 months since it was only up to junes pay stubs. She actually only had 4 1/2 months worth of pay stubs(18 pay stubs) which lowered her average salary. I have two of the children and she has one child. I make 1321 a month(disability) and by her account she makes only 688 so I was ordered to pay her 94.00 a month plus she now gets the childs check which is 166.00 So in reality she is getting 260.00 a month I think she purposely left those stubs out to lower her pay.

I only have 5 days to get this set aside and ask for it to be recalculated but I have no idea what paper to file to do that before the judge signs the final decree. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Someone here may be able to answer that, but if I were you, I'd have a chat with the court clerk tomorrow morning and ask them what forms you have to use.

tndad

Someone here may be able to answer that, but if I were you, I'd have a chat with the court clerk tomorrow morning and ask them what forms you have to use.
I also did this and they tld me I could file an action of some sort but they do not have the forms online as far as I have been able to find.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">