• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support not enough

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmby13

Did you even read my post and look up the Standard's act ?

As was said , if you were in the possision and didn't have a degree , and just could not find full time work , the court would follow the standrd'a act .

Little or no income = $50.00 per month . Use to be $25 .

What did the court say when you told them what Mom told you about not working full time so she don't have to pay more ?

What was said when she has no expenses ?

You have to also look at what is deemed the level for little or no income .
Yes i looked at the link and i understand it. But there are plenty of full time min wage jobs out there. she can work 2 if she has to there is nothing stopping her. And the reason i provide transportation is that she has supervised visits that take place at her parents. Yes i allowed it to be at her parents so that my children didn't suffer from not seeing their grandparents and vise versa. And i haven't gone back to court to inform the judge of her actions and what she said.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
And i haven't gone back to court to inform the judge of her actions and what she said.
Then why even suggest that the court system is unfair? You haven't done anything about it in the first place!

mistoffolees

I am curious, I have seen you all constantly tell men that they are willfully unemployed and that they could be ordered to pay CS on what they could be making. You tell this guy oh poor mother its a tough economy and hard to get a job. How about some consistency?
That's not true. Men and women get the same advice. In fact, if you follow my history, I often get the genders reversed - because it just doesn't matter in most things (with the prime exception being custody at birth in an unmarried parent situation).

Both parents are expected to support their kids. A parent who is ordered to pay CS is expected to make a diligent effort to find a job - and the other parent can ask the judge to impute a full time income if the person does not make an effort (or even if they do). In most cases, though, it's hard to impute anything more than minimum wage, except in those few professions where high paying jobs are almost always available (nursing, for example). The other time that a higher wage can be (and often is) imputed is when a person voluntarily leaves a job to take something lower or to go back to school. But gender doesn't matter in either case.

jmby13

Then why even suggest that the court system is unfair? You haven't done anything about it in the first place!
Because unlike her i have to pay for my attorney. I just was asking if it is worth my time and money to make her support OUR children. And seems to me you are very biased. Thats the problem with all of this.

jmby13

That's not true. Men and women get the same advice. In fact, if you follow my history, I often get the genders reversed - because it just doesn't matter in most things (with the prime exception being custody at birth in an unmarried parent situation).

Both parents are expected to support their kids. A parent who is ordered to pay CS is expected to make a diligent effort to find a job - and the other parent can ask the judge to impute a full time income if the person does not make an effort (or even if they do). In most cases, though, it's hard to impute anything more than minimum wage, except in those few professions where high paying jobs are almost always available (nursing, for example). The other time that a higher wage can be (and often is) imputed is when a person voluntarily leaves a job to take something lower or to go back to school. But gender doesn't matter in either case.
Im sure he didn't mean everyone in this forum does this but if you look at the system and i have gone through this for 3 long years it is not fair. Not saying all the people on here are not fair but the family court system is not.

BL

Because unlike her i have to pay for my attorney. I just was asking if it is worth my time and money to make her support OUR children. And seems to me you are very biased. Thats the problem with all of this.
You do not necessarily have to pay an attorney . You can have one if you want ,it's not required .

New York City Family Court

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Im sure he didn't mean everyone in this forum does this but if you look at the system and i have gone through this for 3 long years it is not fair. Not saying all the people on here are not fair but the family court system is not.
You've gotten similar responses from both genders, as well as CPs and NCPs. So... I don't know where you get that we're biased.

And at the end of the day? No one ever said life is fair. The sooner you get over the thought that it is, the better you will be.

BL

And if you don't like the ruling you can challenge it.

What If the Parties Disagree with the Support Magistrate's Order?

Both parties have the right to appeal the order by filing an "objection" within 30 days
of the date the order is sent to them. The objection must be filed with the court clerk's office,
with a copy sent to the other party. The other party may send a reply to the court. After review
ing
the case file, a judge then rules on the objection. The judge may leave the order as it is,
change it, or send the case back to the Support Magistrate for further proceedings.
If either party disagrees with the judge's decision, the case may be appealed to a higher court.

file an objection or challenge, based on incorrect calculations or mistake of fact.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yes, I am very biased - in YOUR favor. If you knew anything of my history, you'd know why. :rolleyes:

jmby13

And if you don't like the ruling you can challenge it.

What If the Parties Disagree with the Support Magistrate's Order?

Both parties have the right to appeal the order by filing an "objection" within 30 days
of the date the order is sent to them. The objection must be filed with the court clerk's office,
with a copy sent to the other party. The other party may send a reply to the court. After review
ing
the case file, a judge then rules on the objection. The judge may leave the order as it is,
change it, or send the case back to the Support Magistrate for further proceedings.
If either party disagrees with the judge's decision, the case may be appealed to a higher court.

file an objection or challenge, based on incorrect calculations or mistake of fact.
I was not made aware of this thank you.. but its a little past the 30 days...LOL but i may file for a modification. I think she is capable and im sure a judge will think so too 3 years of partying is enough. Whats worse is she does not call them or ask about them at all. My 15 year old has already stated he will no longer go with her. not much i can do about the 6 year old but the law guardian said that if the 15 y/o no longer wishes to see her than we have to see the judge.

jmby13

Yet, you've never gone back to court, not even once.
Not since the order was placed. No i have not. Like i stated i have to pay for my attorney She dont. But i will be filing for a modification. Time for deadbeat moms be held accountable. Pretty sad when a 6 year old don't even want to see his mother. Only goes to see his grandparents.

Last edited:

BL

Not since the order was placed. No i have not. Like i stated i have to pay for my attorney She dont. But i will be filing for a modification. Time for deadbeat moms be held accountable. Pretty sad when a 6 year old don't even want to see his mother. Only goes to see his grandparents.
You do not need an attorney ..

You are moaning over CS but yet are willing to pay an attorney .

I've experienced issues with CS and custody/visitation .

Generally one has nothing to do with the other .

However in my case it did , in the end .

I prevailed BTW and am a male .

I did my own CS hearings w/o an attorney.

And if you read your CS order , it should state what your rights to an objection are .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">