• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support not enough

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmby13

You do not need an attorney ..

You are moaning over CS but yet are willing to pay an attorney .

I've experienced issues with CS and custody/visitation .

Generally one has nothing to do with the other .

However in my case it did , in the end .

I prevailed BTW and am a male .

I did my own CS hearings w/o an attorney.

And if you read your CS order , it should state what your rights to an objection are .
Not moaning about C/S just think she should help raise OUR children. What money i make and my ability should not make it so she just gets to call herself mom. And i just feel without an attoney and against her and her appointed attorney i would get short end of the stick. I do not know the laws like an attorney. She needs to step up. Like i said if shoe was on other foot and i was unemployed it would be different. Just look at case in point where my friend was unemployed 2 years before divorce and judge ordered him to pay 450 a month for 1 child. And when he couldn't pay it threw him in jail for 6 months.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Actually, if you spend some time reading, you'll see that there are plenty of women in the same boat as you are. At the end of the day, CS is not an admission ticket to spending time with the kids.

jmby13

You do not need an attorney ..

You are moaning over CS but yet are willing to pay an attorney .

I've experienced issues with CS and custody/visitation .

Generally one has nothing to do with the other .

However in my case it did , in the end .

I prevailed BTW and am a male .

I did my own CS hearings w/o an attorney.

And if you read your CS order , it should state what your rights to an objection are .
And also my visitation and support order were done at same time.

Silverplum

Really, we're NOT a "support" board. We're a legal board.

Not moaning about C/S just think she should help raise OUR children. What money i make and my ability should not make it so she just gets to call herself mom. And i just feel without an attoney and against her and her appointed attorney i would get short end of the stick. I do not know the laws like an attorney. She needs to step up. Like i said if shoe was on other foot and i was unemployed it would be different. Just look at case in point where my friend was unemployed 2 years before divorce and judge ordered him to pay 450 a month for 1 child. And when he couldn't pay it threw him in jail for 6 months.

jmby13

Actually, if you spend some time reading, you'll see that there are plenty of women in the same boat as you are. At the end of the day, CS is not an admission ticket to spending time with the kids.
I agree but why do i have to bring them pick them up buy clothes food and school supplies and she gets a free ride. They are her kids as well as mine and if she don't want to help support them then why call yourself a mother at all. Not just monetary support any kind of support.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I agree but why do i have to bring them pick them up buy clothes food and school supplies and she gets a free ride. They are her kids as well as mine and if she don't want to help support them then why call yourself a mother at all. Not just monetary support any kind of support.
You do it because that is the parent you are. Again - plenty of people of both genders are in the same position. Suck it up and deal. Really.

jmby13

Really, we're NOT a "support" board. We're a legal board.
I understand that. just answering questions or replying to remarks. Not looking for "support". But when you reply i feel i have a right to reply back. thats all. Thank you and we can close this out before it gets out of control i got my answer and dont need anymore of the economy is bad and there are others out ther in same boat, or this is a "legal" board not "support" board. I feel i have been respectful and answered questions when asked and replied when i thought there needed to be more clarification.
Thank You!

Just Blue

My chld support order is for three dollars a month. Yes.. You read that right ,,,$3.00.

I do not deprive my child the right to have a relatiinship with her father based on $$.
OP...Let it go. Really.

I actually have to disagree with you here. She is Mom regardless of her actions or her not paying the amount of CS you think should should be paying. She is the child's mother and it is up to her about what kind of mother she wants to be.

Your probably right. You should not go into court without an attorney unless you are really up on the laws in your state. You may miss something because you have your emotions tied up in the case, while your lawyer will catch those things you miss or see things you don't.

If you can't afford an attorney, well you need to find a way to afford one.

As far as your friend goes, he knew what the child support obligation was, and whatever kind of job you have to get to be able to pay your child support, you better do it. Being sent to jail for failure to support your child is nothing new.

When my daughter was little, her dad was ordered to pay $50 per month. He was a student with a part time job, and despite the fact that I was a student also, with a part time job, he was ordered to pay $50. It isn't just moms that are given a break, although I do understand why you are frustrated.

Then he paid for a long time...and then stopped. It has been almost 3 years now that he is now behind. She is 17, and expensive...you know, you have a teen. They don't get cheaper. But it isn't worth it to be to be bitter and mad about it...I just do my job.

The best part is, dad thinks he is spectacular, and is the reason she is such a great kid. He no longer even sees her but he thinks he is awesome. Moral of my story? You should stop harping on the fact that the court system is biased towards moms. Plenty of us moms are in the same boat. Focus on the facts, not the sex.

jmby13

You post this on page three of your thread that is titled: Child Support not enough

Really?
Really!!!!
Like i said i have received my answer and thank you. I am not moaning about it. Pissed off is a better word. I asked my question got my answer as far as the smart A**es out there no need. Thank you to those who deserve it and the rest i don't care about anyway.

Silverplum

Really!!!!
Like i said i have received my answer and thank you. I am not moaning about it. Pissed off is a better word. I asked my question got my answer as far as the smart A**es out there no need. Thank you to those who deserve it and the rest i don't care about anyway.
Really. We're NOT a support board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">