• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm a DJ in a backyard party. Im unaware, NOT ignorant. Thats why Im asking here!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

So DJing is my hobby (hence my name), I normally use my DJ equipment for personal use. BUT sometimes I do house parties at someones house..

My question is. If I get hired by a homeowner to DJ at a private birthday party in his backyard. Then a neighbor complains about the music I'm playing for the his party (whether its loud or not). And if that send the police knocking at the door. Who is the one that could get in trouble, the DJ playing the music or the owner of the home?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If you are ignorant of the laws related to your activities, then you would be wise to make yourself aware of them before continuing those activities.

W

Willlyjo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

So DJing is my hobby (hence my name), I normally use my DJ equipment for personal use. BUT sometimes I do house parties at someones house..

My question is. If I get hired by a homeowner to DJ at a private birthday party in his backyard. Then a neighbor complains about the music I'm playing for the his party (whether its loud or not). And if that send the police knocking at the door. Who is the one that could get in trouble, the DJ playing the music or the owner of the home?
You AND the homeowner would get in trouble if you don't quiet it down when a policeman orders you to do so.

justalayman

either or both could be cited.

usually it is the homeowner as they are generally considered to be responsible for the actions at their property but since it would be you actually making the excessive noise, you could be ticketed for the person responsible for that.

Most police responses start with: turn it down. If we have to come back, we will issue a ticket". Rarely have I seen the case where their first action would be to issue a citation.

either or both could be cited.

usually it is the homeowner as they are generally considered to be responsible for the actions at their property but since it would be you actually making the excessive noise, you could be ticketed for the person responsible for that.

Most police responses start with: turn it down. If we have to come back, we will issue a ticket". Rarely have I seen the case where their first action would be to issue a citation.
Thanks.. Now, Im aware! Before I was unaware!

Im sure there are "little laws" I not saying THIS one, that zigner is unaware and yet to learn about! WE ALL DO! LOL

Zigner

Thanks.. Now, Im aware! Before I was unaware!

Im sure there are "little laws" I not saying THIS one, that zigner is unaware and yet to learn about! WE ALL DO! LOL
Congratulations on overcoming your ignorance of the subject matter! LOL

Congratulations on overcoming your ignorance of the subject matter! LOL
You are FUNNY! Love when you guys attack me (or try to anyway, but I win when you hear the truth from me! LOL)

Unaware is not knowing every single thing on the planet. Ignorant is a harsh way of saying unaware, like even a baby knows that you have to stop for a red light. Ummm... NO, Im unaware, not ignorant.

I fixed it for you.
So Zigner, are you perfect, with no unawares in your vocabulary, while its me that is FULL of unawares??? So, you tell me that I should be off the road permanently just basing on just that one post from me about the "almost ticket" ??.... MANN YOU ARE FUNNY!

justalayman

You are FUNNY! Love when you guys attack me (or try to anyway, but I win when you hear the truth from me! LOL)

Unaware is not knowing every single thing on the planet. Ignorant is a harsh way of saying unaware, like even a baby knows that you have to stop for a red light. Ummm... NO, Im unaware, not ignorant.
did you catch the definition I posted in the other thread where you compared these two terms?

Zigner

So Zigner, are you perfect, with no unawares in your vocabulary, while its me that is FULL of unawares???
We are all ignorant of something.
So, you tell me that I should be off the road permanently just basing on just that one post from me about the "almost ticket" ??....
I don't believe I stated that.
MANN YOU ARE FUNNY!
Thanks for the compliment (I understand the spelling error was unintentional)

did you catch the definition I posted in the other thread where you compared these two terms?
Yeah, Ignorant is a is disrespectful way of saying unaware. Another word for stupid.

Unaware is the respectful way of saying unaware. THIS is the word to use.

NON of us knows every single thing on earth. You (Im not aiming you) don't know every single thing on the planet, So does that make YOU Ignorant?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">