• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Age discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Proserpina

Take the Favabeans and the nice Chianti as well!! fufffffff(sp???):eek:

LOL!

It puts the lotion in the basket...

(Seeing as this thread has gone down the toilet anyway - and I'll probably be banned for posting the link myself - google "Lego it puts the lotion...". Make sure it's adults only present. Turn up the volume!)

:D

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
To be honest, I see no reason why she should be forced to use US spellings, even if this is a US board, when she is not in the US. And frankly, I'm not seeing where she was either rude or childish. It might have been a bit naive to assume that because we have a more or less common language we also have common laws, but that's about the worst I saw.

I'm embarrassed too - but not because of the OP's behaviour.

W

Willlyjo

To be honest, I see no reason why she should be forced to use US spellings, even if this is a US board, when she is not in the US. And frankly, I'm not seeing where she was either rude or childish. It might have been a bit naive to assume that because we have a more or less common language we also have common laws, but that's about the worst I saw.

I'm impressed by this post, CBG! It is a breath of fresh air to experience your compassion for someone seeking advice and the fact you've taken issue with the arrogance and belittling of the OP in this thread. I'm rather ashamed of such behaviour. Again, bless you CBG! :cool:

Just Blue

I'm sorry CBG. I re-read the thread and still found OP to be rude and self-entitled jerk that does not have a U.S. Case.

IMHO.:)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, she doesn't have a case in most US states. But that's no reason to belittle her for using the spellings she's been taught to use, for example.

Proserpina

No, she doesn't have a case in most US states. But that's no reason to belittle her for using the spellings she's been taught to use, for example.

You know what gets me about spellings?

The rules.

"I" before "E" unless after "C".

Unless it's "freight", "height", "weight", etc., etc.

Why?! Why for they confuse me?

Just Blue

I agree. But can s/he be mocked for not being able to comprehend "U.S. Law Only"? :)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There are better ways of handling that issue. Particularly since we do have one regular poster who has some knowledge of UK employment law.

Proserpina

There are better ways of handling that issue. Particularly since we do have one regular poster who has some knowledge of UK employment law.

I do think that even in the UK - as I think I said earlier? - she'd have no case.

Employees - as over here - have no inherent "right" to be treated the same in every situation.

:)

anteater

You know what gets me about spellings?

The rules.

"I" before "E" unless after "C".

Unless it's "freight", "height", "weight", etc., etc.

Why?! Why for they confuse me?
How do you think the Brits and then the Americans came to rule the world?

Keep 'em all confused and then bamboozle them while they are scratching their heads.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">