• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

crime against district attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

migustopropinas

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? alaska

I committed a crime against the district attorney and I want to represent myself, is it fair to say that I would be granted a change of venue based on the small population of the courts employees and that I could not possibly receive a fair trial in the county I'm at.
also I received a questionnaire, and asked me if I understood that the judge could not treat me any differently than the district attorney that's prosecuting the case, but I feel that attorneys take pulse to uphold the law and the judge would find that the district attorney has more credibility than me thus he would treat me differently, if I represented myself. any help thanks

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? alaska

I committed a crime against the district attorney and I want to represent myself, is it fair to say that I would be granted a change of venue based on the small population of the courts employees and that I could not possibly receive a fair trial in the county I'm at.
also I received a questionnaire, and asked me if I understood that the judge could not treat me any differently than the district attorney that's prosecuting the case, but I feel that attorneys take pulse to uphold the law and the judge would find that the district attorney has more credibility than me thus he would treat me differently, if I represented myself. any help thanks
If you want to represent yourself, you will be treated as an attorney would -- you will be expected to follow ALL of the rules, know all the statutes/rules of evidence/rules of criminal procedure/local rules/caselaw and follow them. You will be expected to act as though you are an attorney. If you unable to do that, you do not want to represent yourself. Quite frankly you do not want to represent yourself if you need to ask about change of venue.

migustopropinas

If you want to represent yourself, you will be treated as an attorney would -- you will be expected to follow ALL of the rules, know all the statutes/rules of evidence/rules of criminal procedure/local rules/caselaw and follow them. You will be expected to act as though you are an attorney. If you unable to do that, you do not want to represent yourself. Quite frankly you do not want to represent yourself if you need to ask about change of venue.
I was more asking about, wouldn't a judge give the attorney more credibility than me, and if so isn't that a catch 22?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You admit to committing the crime. Do you expect to commit ANOTHER crime in order to get out of the first crime? Really?

tranquility

You admit to committing the crime. Do you expect to commit ANOTHER crime in order to get out of the first crime? Really?
What other crime?

Anyway, while a change in venue would probably be appropriate for the facts as stated, it takes more than a motion to get one in a criminal case. I think an attorney would be needed to be successful.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What other crime?

Anyway, while a change in venue would probably be appropriate for the facts as stated, it takes more than a motion to get one in a criminal case. I think an attorney would be needed to be successful.
Perjury ;)

migustopropinas

What other crime?

thank you to this poster, yeah I have no idea what the other guys talking about, I guess that's why it says that free advice dot com does not condone what the users say, but yeah if it's going to take an attorney to get the change of venue I think that is in my best interest, and I guess I'll go that route, I have nothing to lose.

thanks guys

OHRoadwarrior

Well, one must consider the source of the thread. Did it not occur to you before committing a crime against the DA that it was probably a pretty stupid thing to do? Assuming of course you are the type of person who thinks committing crimes regularly is okay to begin with.

i see we have the pre crime division here, some dude on the internet telling me what I'm going to do.

you my friend must be collecting unemployment

LeeHarveyBlotto

Well, one must consider the source of the thread. Did it not occur to you before committing a crime against the DA that it was probably a pretty stupid thing to do? Assuming of course you are the type of person who thinks committing crimes regularly is okay to begin with.
Admitting he did it on this site isn't exactly the smartest move. His lawyer should have told him to shut up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">