• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Eric0727

I am a victim in a robbery case. The defendant was caught red handed and the trial is scheduled. I have a subpoena for the case, and I went online and found the details for the case. The judge listed for the case coached me in high school years ago. Does this matter? Also, it is a waiver trial. Should I call and notify someone that I know the judge from years ago? My state is Pennsylvania.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am a victim in a robbery case. The defendant was caught red handed and the trial is scheduled. I have a subpoena for the case, and I went online and found the details for the case. The judge listed for the case coached me in high school years ago. Does this matter? Also, it is a waiver trial. Should I call and notify someone that I know the judge from years ago? My state is Pennsylvania.
Why would it matter? You are not on trial.

Eric0727

Why would it matter? You are not on trial.
I don't think that it matters at all. I just don't want to go to court and have him recuse himself and have to go again. At the same time I know he is a tough no nonsense guy and I would like him to be the judge regardless of whether I know him or not.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't think that it matters at all. I just don't want to go to court and have him recuse himself and have to go again. At the same time I know he is a tough no nonsense guy and I would like him to be the judge regardless of whether I know him or not.
Contact the folks that sent the subpoena and let them know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">