• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illness Due To Working 12 hour Rotating Shifts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lodimoony

Well, I can't fault you for trying to provide entertainment this lovely evening.

Now run along.
You must be proud of your contribution towards the actual topic of discussion.

Im sure anyone in the future looking for information on the thread topic will be truly enlightened by the helpful advice you have given.

Proserpina

You must be proud of your contribution towards the actual topic of discussion.

Im sure anyone in the future looking for information on the thread topic will be truly enlightened by the helpful advice you have given.

I'm sure they will!

I'm just that good.

:cool:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You know that it takes more than creating a link between any given condition condition and, as an example, 12 hour rotating shifts, to successfully claim workers comp, right?

And you still haven't told us what benefits you think you will obtain if you do succeed.

lodimoony

You know that it takes more than creating a link between any given condition condition and, as an example, 12 hour rotating shifts, to successfully claim workers comp, right?

And you still haven't told us what benefits you think you will obtain if you do succeed.
The evidence must prove that the employment is a substantial contributing factor to the injury or illness. As for the potential benefits if the case is successful at this stage I do not know however Im sure that will be discussed in detail as the legal proceedings get closer.

Ladyback1

The evidence must prove that the employment is a substantial contributing factor to the injury or illness. As for the potential benefits if the case is successful at this stage I do not know however Im sure that will be discussed in detail as the legal proceedings get closer.
Frankly? There is NO proof that working rotating 12 hr shifts is a cause of chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia or any other condition. No ONE knows exactly what causes chronic fatigue....

Furthermore, lots and lots of people continue to work after being diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue or much worse diseases/conditions.

So.....

(coming from a former work comp claims examiner, and someone who suffers from fibromyalgia, spondylosis, and polymyositis...)

lodimoony

Frankly? There is NO proof that working rotating 12 hr shifts is a cause of chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia or any other condition. No ONE knows exactly what causes chronic fatigue....

Furthermore, lots and lots of people continue to work after being diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue or much worse diseases/conditions.

So.....

(coming from a former work comp claims examiner, and someone who suffers from fibromyalgia, spondylosis, and polymyositis...)
Incorrect, there are already clear links established between long rotating shifts and medical conditions including sleep disorders and CFS, as already documented in legal cases.

People suffering from CFS and still working is totally irrelevant to this thread topic.

Anyone reading this thread should be aware that some posters on here have links to insurance companies who of course want to maintain the status quo and not have to deal with new and unprecedented medical claims. Take any advice that you have no case with a block of salt and make your own legal enquiries.

Last edited:

Proserpina

Incorrect, there are already clear links established between long rotating shifts and medical conditions including sleep disorders and CFS, as already documented in legal cases.

People suffering from CFS and still working is totally irrelevant to this thread topic.

Anyone reading this thread should be aware that some posters on here have links to insurance companies who of course want to maintain the status quo and not have to deal with new and unprecedented medical claims. Take any advice that you have no case with a block of salt and make your own legal enquiries.

Oh DO please explain.

"links" to insurance companies? Do tell!

quincy

No need to tell, its right before your eyes.
Are you referring to the (rather annoying) sponsored advertisements that appear all over the site? A person or a company pays FA to advertise on the site. These have no connection to the members of the forum who post on this site.

A question, lodimoony: You never mentioned what your occupation is/was. Would you care to share this information?

lodimoony

Rotating shift work is linked to sleep disorders, but CFS is not a sleep disorder.
Of course not, however many CFS sufferers do have sleep disorders. CFS has indeed been linked to rotating shift work and what now is just a trickle of cases will turn into a torrent when people realise that their health problems in some cases are directly linked to the hours and rotating days they have to work.

lodimoony

Are you referring to the (rather annoying) sponsored advertisements that appear all over the site? A person or a company pays FA to advertise on the site. These have no connection to the members of the forum who post on this site.

A question, lodimoony: You never mentioned what your occupation is/was. Would you care to share this information?
Hi quincy, No, I got the vibe that some on here were not the impartial advice-givers that some might assume and of course we all know that these forums are closely monitored by insurance companies and businesses who may gain an advantage accessing information posted on here.

I work on the waterfront.

CdwJava

I work rotating 12-hour shifts - and often 5 or 6 of them in a week. Sometimes, I have to work splits because of court or other activities. I also have a choice not to work in this career if I feel fatigued.

Perhaps your career choice or specific employer should be revisited if the schedule is not conducive to your sleep needs.

Proserpina

Hi quincy, No, I got the vibe that some on here were not the impartial advice-givers that some might assume and of course we all know that these forums are closely monitored by insurance companies and businesses who may gain an advantage accessing information posted on here.

I work on the waterfront.

What you know is so much less than what you don't know.

Seriously.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">