• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

URGENT ! Need answer quickly ! Small Claims.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pooter

Michigan

I have filed against 2 Corporations.
Court date is this Friday.
My question is:
Can the 2 defendants send a letter or any other communication to the Court before the court date (without my knowledge) to excuse them from appearing and claiming that they have settled with me ?
Or do they still have to appear as court instructions say ?
TY

quincy

Michigan

I have filed against 2 Corporations.
Court date is this Friday.
My question is:
Can the 2 defendants send a letter or any other communication to the Court before the court date (without my knowledge) to excuse them from appearing and claiming that they have settled with me ?
Or do they still have to appear as court instructions say ?
TY
It would have been better if you had added these questions to your other recent thread (https://forum.freeadvice.com/small-claims-courts-24/do-big-corporations-show-up-when-sued-small-claims-court-609894.html) rather than starting a new thread.

Some questions for you: HAVE the two defendants sent a letter or other communication to the court claiming they have settled with you? Have you settled?

Unless parties to an action have been excused from a hearing for some reason allowed by the court, the hearing will go on as scheduled and all parties should appear.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">