• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it a crime to talk to a minor as a friend if no sexuality was involved?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

single317dad

It's a crime if he continues to talk to her after her parents tell him to stop. If he continues to talk to her after they tell him to stop, they will be able to obtain a restraining order against him. Said restraining order will be on his record forever, even after it expires.

Clear enough?
Not to mention that violation of a restraining order is a crime, in the "State of Philadelphia", the minor's home state, or any state in between.

CaptainK30

He never asked her to have sex with him right then and there. They were just saying that if their friendship grew to the point where they wanted to be more then friends then they would agree to wait until she turned "of age".

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
He never asked her to have sex with him right then and there. They were just saying that if their friendship grew to the point where they wanted to be more then friends then they would agree to wait until she turned "of age".
You certainly are all up in this guy's business.

Silverplum

He doesn't talk to her anymor . He just wanted to know if it was a crime to talk to her. Period
Just so I can arrange my afternoon, precisely how many ways do you need to be told the same answer?

We have allllll day to do it, over and over and over and over.

:rolleyes:

CaptainK30

"This guy" is my friend. He told me all this. I was just looking to see if it was a crime. He doesn't know if he could've went to jail for only being her friend. That's what I was trying to find out for him

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
He doesn't talk to her anymor . He just wanted to know if it was a crime to talk to her. Period
So, you basically wasted our time entirely. Some of us have all day to tell you the same thing over and over and over and over again...others, not so much.

Just Blue

"This guy" is my friend. He told me all this. I was just looking to see if it was a crime. He doesn't know if he could've went to jail for only being her friend. That's what I was trying to find out for him
How old is your friend and how old is the minor? This is actually an important question.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And if you had answered the questions as to his age and hers, maybe we could have told you.

Eekamouse

My friend is 18. The girl is 13. And he told me that they don't live in the same state
Your "friend" is STUPID to be talking to a child of 13 years old. Pervert comes to mind. Tell your "friend" to seek help for his issues and to leave that child alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">