• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about lie detector testing and civil litigation lawsuits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brian360wa

I have heard lie detector tests are not valid in criminal courts. But could I use a lie detector test results in a lawsuit case? Would I have a better chance of hiring a lawyer on contingency if I passed a lie detector test , and was able to present the results to the lawyer?

Proserpina

I have heard lie detector tests are not valid in criminal courts. But could I use a lie detector test results in a lawsuit case? Would I have a better chance of hiring a lawyer on contingency if I passed a lie detector test , and was able to present the results to the lawyer?
Ask the lawyers you're intending to hire what they think. We cannot answer for them.

quincy

Here is a link to your other thread, brian360wa, for the benefit of others:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/other-personal-injury-wrongful-death-75/wrongful-arrest-615563.html

Attorneys expect their clients to tell them the truth. It is to a client's advantage to be truthful.

Lie detector tests are notoriously unreliable.

It is the case itself, and the damages that are more likely than not to be awarded, that would make an attorney decide to take a case on a contingency basis.

I guess you had no luck in finding free assistance for your appeal? What is the status of your appeal, by the way? Have you been mindful of the filing date?

Last edited:

Proserpina

Here is a link to your other thread, brian360wa, for the benefit of others: forum.freeadvice.com/other-personal-injury-wrongful-death-75/wrongful-arrest-615563.html

Attorneys expect their clients to tell them the truth. It is to a client's advantage to be truthful.

I am not sure I see potential damages enough to make your case an attractive one for an attorney to take on a contingency basis.

I guess you had no luck in finding free assistance for your appeal? What is the status of your appeal, by the way? Have you been mindful of the filing date?

Oh.. my goodness.

:eek:

quincy

Oh.. my goodness. ...
Yes. Oh my goodness. :)

brian360wa, without an attorney, your struggle to clear your name through the courts is liable to be an exercise in futility.

As an additional avenue to explore, you might want to consider speaking with The Seattle Times and relating to them the facts of your case.

I ordinarily do not recommend a newspaper as a solution to a legal problem but I do know that the Times has assisted others who have been wrongfully convicted of crimes. I do not hold out much hope that the paper will want to get involved in your case, but it could be worth a try.

brian360wa

Here is a link to your other thread, brian360wa, for the benefit of others:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/other-personal-injury-wrongful-death-75/wrongful-arrest-615563.html

It is the case itself, and the damages that are more likely than not to be awarded, that would make an attorney decide to take a case on a contingency basis.

lost my petition to the the supreme court, now my only chance is a personal restriant petition in federal court

Proserpina

lost my petition to the the supreme court, now my only chance is a personal restriant petition in federal court

Brian, I don't think you have any chance at all. I do live in the same state as you, and the chances of a positive outcome here are virtually zero.

I'm sorry - but from what you've said here, it's done.

quincy

I'm sorry to hear that, brian360wa, but at least you had prepared yourself for the news you received.

I wish you good luck in the future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">