• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i sue my ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Funspot

I met a girl in county jail she was on her way back to prison when i got out of jail i contacted her while she was still in prison we started talking and things grew she started asking for money about 3mo in she started telling me i was the love of her life that she wanted a life with me i asked her to marry me she said yes this went on for 9mo we me putting money on her phone and stamps and my phone when she got relesed she wanted nothing to do with me now she seeing someone else is there anything i can do to get my money back

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I met a girl in county jail she was on her way back to prison when i got out of jail i contacted her while she was still in prison we started talking and things grew she started asking for money about 3mo in she started telling me i was the love of her life that she wanted a life with me i asked her to marry me she said yes this went on for 9mo we me putting money on her phone and stamps and my phone when she got relesed she wanted nothing to do with me now she seeing someone else is there anything i can do to get my money back
Assuming you're in the US, "no".

(More accurately sure, you can sue her. But you won't win.)

And seriously .. she was on her way BACK to prison and you thought it was a good idea to trust her?!

CdwJava

These things are common in jail and prison. And when I say common, I mean COMMON.

Inmates will write identical letters professing love to people on the outside with only the names being different. They will juggle numerous loves so long as they keep putting money on their books.

Such things have been going on for as long as there have been people in prison and other people gullible enough to provide them money and support.

No lawsuit to be had here. Consider it a lesson learned. And, even if you DID sue her and somehow managed to prevail because she admitted that she never cared for you and did this solely to get money from you, what do you think you'll collect??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">