• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Event Organiser and Stall Holders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chrish99

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? In the U.K.

We recently organised a Christmas event whereby stall holders for various arts and crafts businesses paid to have a stall at. Within their booking agreement we agreed to advertise the event in various specific ways which we did. However on the day of the event, only a few hundred people turned up. Based on other events organised by other people at the same venue, a number of the stall holders are saying it wasn't advertised properly as the turnout was too low. A group of them are now asking for refunds, threading a class action (or U.K. Equivalent) against me.

I would appreciate any advice you can give. I believe that I advertised the event well, doing as I promised in the agreement. I actually know that I spend more on advertising in local papers, radio, flyers, facebook than those others events. I believe it was just one of those days, where the weather plus other lock events meant a low turnout. I certainly never promised a minimum turnout as I cannot guarantee people will show up. Do you have any advice or comments about what I should do.

Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

We recently organised a Christmas event whereby stall holders for various arts and crafts businesses paid to have a stall at. Within their booking agreement we agreed to advertise the event in various specific ways which we did. However on the day of the event, only a few hundred people turned up. Based on other events organised by other people at the same venue, a number of the stall holders are saying it wasn't advertised properly as the turnout was too low. A group of them are now asking for refunds, threading a class action (or U.K. Equivalent) against me.

I would appreciate any advice you can give. I believe that I advertised the event well, doing as I promised in the agreement. I actually know that I spend more on advertising in local papers, radio, flyers, facebook than those others events. I believe it was just one of those days, where the weather plus other lock events meant a low turnout. I certainly never promised a minimum turnout as I cannot guarantee people will show up. Do you have any advice or comments about what I should do.

Thanks
Sorry, this forum is for US law only.

quincy

Thanks
FreeAdvice handles US law questions and legal concerns only. You will need to find advice in the UK. Here is a link you can try:

http://www.thelawforum.co.uk/

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess

Thanks
Sorry, you'll need a UK law forum. The laws in the US can be very, very different.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">