• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can’t put my kids in school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

My cousin is contacting her lawyer for me and I tried to contact abc 7 news but they haven’t called me back. I filled out there form online. I also contact the ACLU. I waiting on a call back from the Mayor to. Just waiting now.
Call the biggest, most read local paper and ask for the journalist who handles Human Interest Stories. Discuss the problem with him/her...Perhaps s/he would like to shed some light on this (fill in the blank) travesty.

quincy

HRZ

Many big metro areas have education law advocate centers ...often focused on special ed issues..but open access to free education is likely right up thier hot button ....do some digging.

Also local tv may be more responsive to human interest stories of a local or regional interest.

laurakaye

The amount is correct it is $312. for my grade and $318. for my 4th grader. This is without the MacBook Pro fee. They state very clearly they will not enroll my kids unless I pay $100. For each child and fee waivers not accepted until after this is payed. Also free lunch will not be offered to kids for the first two months. This $200. may not seem like a lot but when it’s between paying this fee and buying groceries well I have to feed my kids. I have tried everything in my power to work with them and they will not budge. The Ill school board tried to work with them and again they wouldn’t change. If you would like to confirm this you can google them as he states it on the website. John V. Leigh school in Norrigde Ill.
Long story short we are on hard times and my sons school will not register my kids unless I pay a registration fee. They have a fee waive but you have to pay first. Because I don’t have the money they said no?
I don't know if this will be helpful, but here is the application for fee waiver for your school. I'd go ahead and get it on file. (Email or fax to them - at least you can say you've done your part - this makes me so angry. I'm still researching.)

http://www.norridge80.org/forms/18-19/Fee_Waiver_Form.pdf

laurakaye

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I don't know if this will be helpful, but here is the application for fee waiver for your school. I'd go ahead and get it on file. (Email or fax to them - at least you can say you've done your part - this makes me so angry. I'm still researching.)

http://www.norridge80.org/forms/18-19/Fee_Waiver_Form.pdf
I have posted this to my friends (the letter) and also to a lawyers group with whom I am involved looking for information to help this poster. That was due to Stealth and I talking and she brought up the idea -- KUDOS to her! We are looking to get help from Illinois attorneys on this.

quincy

I have posted this to my friends (the letter) and also to a lawyers group with whom I am involved looking for information to help this poster. That was due to Stealth and I talking and she brought up the idea -- KUDOS to her! We are looking to get help from Illinois attorneys on this.
Thank you for taking action. It does not seem possible that a school district can so blatantly violate the law by requiring fees before accepting waivers.

Just Blue

You are the BOMB!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">