• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for whistleblowing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanmichael

I hope who starts to read this will read all the way through for a good laugh and enlightment. What is the name of your state? New Jersey. I worked for bed bath and beyond I had a female manager tell me to build something because I am a guy. After filing a complaint and telling two managers I am not quiting nor resigning, yet felt uncomfortable working until this issue is resolved. They blew me off after I showed up on mon. and worked, tues. left early after speaking with a district managerabout the issues in the store, And came to work thursday to get my check and my store manager never once asked why I didnt show up, or ask was I coming in Friday then when I reported to work Mon. terminated me. Stating that the reason was no call no show, Yet he was perfectly aware I filed a complaint. Yes I have a mon. through fri. job. On top of that the store practices unsafe ladder usage. Plus the store manger is hiding a paper thats states employees rights to breaks. Can someone please help.

Last edited:

LeeHarveyBlotto

People will reply here, posting personal information is not needed and not a good idea in general.

Legally, you have nothing. Find another job.

Last edited:

VeronicaLodge

from you post you were not fired for whistle blowing you chose to not show up to work and violated the 3 no call no show rule and were fired for that, perfectly legal. you should have went to work when scheduled.

Beth3

Posting your phone number and email address on a public bulletin board is just nuts! Any lunatic could be trolling this board. I strongly suggest you edit your post and remove that information. :eek:

I worked for bed bath and beyond I had a female manager tell me to build something because I am a guy. After filing a complaint and telling two managers I am not quiting nor resigning, yet felt uncomfortable working until this issue is resolved. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. You were asked to do one small task and filed a complaint and ran to two managers to report that???!!!

On top of the store practices unsafe ladder usage. That's not illegal.

Plus the store manger is hiding a paper thats states employees rights to breaks. Employees in New Jersey have no rights to breaks unless they are under 18 years of age.

Nothing illegal has occured and nothing you describe has anything to do with whistleblowing.

Last edited:

seanmichael

from you post you were not fired for whistle blowing you chose to not show up to work and violated the 3 no call no show rule and were fired for that, perfectly legal. you should have went to work when scheduled.
The complaint was It was a discriminating comment against my gender. The manager involved as well as other managers new I called HR. I also said it was not a good Idea for me to be there since the store knew I filed on friday and that following monday i was treated differently by the staff working that day. Sorry for giving such a short description, but as usual you werent there. So maybe your advice should be kept to yourself

seanmichael

People will reply here, posting personal information is not needed and not a good idea in general.

Legally, you have nothing. Find another job.
Your right since then I removed my personal info sorry. "Find another job" why you hiring, easier said then done in this market I have a family to support, and now in a split second my life has been turned upside down I hope somebody does that to you and someone says something as stupid and simple as that staement.

LeeHarveyBlotto

You seem to take offense rather easily. You went out of your way to be offended at how you were assigned a perfectly legitimate task at work, and now you take offense when told you have no legal action.

seanmichael

Posting your phone number and email address on a public bulletin board is just nuts! Any lunatic could be trolling this board. I strongly suggest you edit your post and remove that information. :eek:

I worked for bed bath and beyond I had a female manager tell me to build something because I am a guy. After filing a complaint and telling two managers I am not quiting nor resigning, yet felt uncomfortable working until this issue is resolved. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. You were asked to do one small task and filed a complaint and ran to two managers to report that???!!!

On top of the store practices unsafe ladder usage. That's not illegal.

Plus the store manger is hiding a paper thats states employees rights to breaks. Employees in New Jersey have no rights to breaks unless they are under 18 years of age.

Nothing illegal has occured and nothing you describe has anything to do with whistleblowing.
Do you work for bbb sounds like it all your doing is defending there actions, unsafe ladder practice is an issue having associate climb on fixtures that are 10 feet plus high to get a job done is unreasonable and dangerous. SO obviously employee safety is not a concern. A small task is not the point her demeaning attitude is the problem it would be like me saying here is a broom your a woman you should sweep. And we do have minors working there so shouldnt they know their rights. By the way even if you are an adult in a 8 hour work day you are entitled to half an hour lunch, plus two breaks, wether you take them or not is up to the individual.

seanmichael

You seem to take offense rather easily. You went out of your way to be offended at how you were assigned a perfectly legitimate task at work, and now you take offense when told you have no legal action.
I dont take offense easily but I am not going to be abused (only way i could describe it) the task was legitimate even though it was assigned to another employee first who happened to be female. The task is not my issue the gender comment was. Take some time to read and fully understand you seem very quick to reply. Are you an attorney?

seanmichael

Do you work for bbb sounds like it all your doing is defending there actions, unsafe ladder practice is an issue having associate climb on fixtures that are 10 feet plus high to get a job done is unreasonable and dangerous. SO obviously employee safety is not a concern. A small task is not the point her demeaning attitude is the problem it would be like me saying here is a broom your a woman you should sweep. And we do have minors working there so shouldnt they know their rights. By the way even if you are an adult in a 8 hour work day you are entitled to half an hour lunch, plus two breaks, wether you take them or not is up to the individual.
also i plan on making a volcano out of a molehill. They fired me during an investigation of said comment and operations issues.

seanmichael

What is the name of your state? New Jersey. I worked for bed bath and beyond I had a female manager tell me to build something because I am a guy. After filing a complaint and telling two managers I am not quiting nor resigning, yet felt uncomfortable working until this issue is resolved. They blew me off and then said I had three no call no shows and terminated me. On top of the store practices unsafe ladder usage. Plus the store manger is hiding a paper thats states employees rights to breaks. Can someone please help.
Are there actually educated people here or am I just typing for health

Beth3

I obviously don't work for BBB. You asked for opinions and I gave mine. I still think you made a mountain out of a molehill. If she was snotty to you, you certainly were free to speak to someone in HR or more senior management. Making a "federal case" out of something as minor as this doesn't do you any good at all.

By the way even if you are an adult in a 8 hour work day you are entitled to half an hour lunch, plus two breaks, wether you take them or not is up to the individual. No, you're not. This is direct from NJ's DOL website: BREAK PERIODS

Q. Am I required to give employees breaks or lunches?

A. The mandatory break law only applies to minors under the age of 18. Minors must be given a thirty (30) minute meal period after five (5) consecutive hours of work. Company policy dictates break and lunch periods for anyone over the age of 18.
http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/wagehour/content/employer_faqs.html#q39

Before you start spouting off about employee rights, you should take the time to find out what the law requires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">