• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why does US not enforce immigration laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fosterjoseph

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

My ex came in this country under a student visa supposedly to study at a university in Arkansas in 2003. She had all the papers from her university in Mongolia to "substantiate" that she was coming for a short time to study and return to Mongolia. However, she never attended one day of class in the U.S. and never registered with the university. Instead, she worked "under the table" for three years until finding some U.S. citizen fool enough to marry her (me). I learned of this fraud after the marriage and after she had received her "unconditional" green card. She has, since that time, acquired 5 charges for theft, (the first two were sufficient for USCIS to deny her citizenship in 2010) and has left the country for a month on two occassions with no problem on re-entering even though these crimes make her inadmissable and deportable. In addition, in 2010 she applied for student aid stating she did not posess a B.A. The fact is she has a B.A. and M.A. from Mongolia which she personally had accredited by WES two years before applying for the aid. By this fraud she was able to obtain a Pell Grant and student loans to attend a massage therapy school. This is federal fraud and has been reported to the authorities with no action whatsoever. In fact, all of her illegal actions have been reported to ICE, USCIS, Homeland Security, various senators and representatives, The inspector general's office for education and numerous other government agencies. Thus far, nothing has been done to rectify this flagrant abuse of the U.S. Immigration system.

I am all for devising a workable plan to "legalize" some undocumented workers. But I think we should first concentrate on prosecuting those we have already given LPR status to and have taken that opportunity to break our laws and steal from the American people.

OHRoadwarrior

IMO, Illegal immigration has been actively supported for over 60 years to thwart the unionization movement, which threatened to take the power away from the rich. By providing illegals with all sorts of taxpayer supported benefits, it creates a greater demand and profit for those same people. We are constantly bombarded with how humanitarian it is to support these people, which, by virtue of general naivety of the general populace, has allowed a significant number of those very illegals to create their own anchor of support. Ultimately, those recognizing the danger of illegals is becoming a minority in our population.

Proserpina

Oh good grief.

Do either of you actually KNOW how difficult it is for - with the exception of perhaps two states - an undocumented resident to obtain government help?

REALLY?

Do you understand that there's no longer any such thing as an "anchor baby"?

Do you realize that the majority of illegals are actually contributing to their local economy?

Do you actually GET IT?

ecmst12

Besides that this chick is not illegal, OP sponsored her, so anything she does with her green card is his fault. But you'd think he'd be in FAVOR of her going to school so she can make a living, since he's obligated to support her pretty much forever if she can't. Sorry that you married the wrong person, doesn't make it the government's fault. It's actually YOUR fault for making her legal!

Proserpina

Besides that this chick is not illegal, OP sponsored her, so anything she does with her green card is his fault. But you'd think he'd be in FAVOR of her going to school so she can make a living, since he's obligated to support her pretty much forever if she can't. Sorry that you married the wrong person, doesn't make it the government's fault. It's actually YOUR fault for making her legal!

Agreed, completely!

That pesky little I-864!

Just Blue

OP is just another person "eating" the "bitter" green.;)

fosterjoseph

By your logic:

Smith and Wesson are responsible for all the people killed by their guns

Ford is responsible for all the people killed by their cars

and Dairy Queen is responsible for all the obese people as a result of their ice cream.

Typical lack of personal responsibility argument taken by most liberals. You fail to recognize the illegality AND application of the consequences for such. And in turn you fail to recognize the detriment to our country by overlooking these illegal acts.

Proserpina

Smith and Wesson are responsible for all the people killed by their guns

Ford is responsible for all the people killed by their cars

and Dairy Queen is responsible for all the obese people as a result of their ice cream.

Typical lack of personal responsibility argument taken by most liberals. You fail to recognize the illegality AND application of the consequences for such. And in turn you fail to recognize the detriment to our country by overlooking these illegal acts.

Oh please.

The drama llama can exit stage left anytime you want.

Thanks!

Oh - as a side note, I do suggest that you educate yourself a little more.

Just Blue

Oh please.

Thanks!

You know the old adage? "A little education can be a dangerous thing"? I think OP has embraced this to his heart and soul.

He needs a BIG TIME education. ;)

fosterjoseph

Oh good grief.

Do either of you actually KNOW how difficult it is for - with the exception of perhaps two states - an undocumented resident to obtain government help?

REALLY?

Do you understand that there's no longer any such thing as an "anchor baby"?

Do you realize that the majority of illegals are actually contributing to their local economy?

Do you actually GET IT?
Really? How many years of social service work do you have? I have 28. And I can get you into about 20 programs through the government that don't require proof of citizenship.

No such thing as "anchor babies"? Really? So children born of aliens in the United States are no longer considered citizens? That's what an "anchor baby" is - so obviously you don't know the definition or the fact this is still law. Majority are contributing to the economy? Again, refer to the number taking part of government programs, private services (often funded by government tax dollars) and such and you may re-think that. And in terms of the "majority"? so where are your stats for that statement?

Oh yes, I GET IT, spout made up "facts" backed by no evidence to advance the liberal agenda that is tearing this country down.

Proserpina

Really? How many years of social service work do you have? I have 28. And I can get you into about 20 programs through the government that don't require proof of citizenship.

No such thing as "anchor babies"? Really? So children born of aliens in the United States are no longer considered citizens? That's what an "anchor baby" is - so obviously you don't know the definition or the fact this is still law. Majority are contributing to the economy? Again, refer to the number taking part of government programs, private services (often funded by government tax dollars) and such and you may re-think that. And in terms of the "majority"? so where are your stats for that statement?

Oh yes, I GET IT, spout made up "facts" backed by no evidence to advance the liberal agenda that is tearing this country down.

Let me explain it, dear.

A child born in the US is of course a US citizen. But the child CANNOT confer immigration benefits to their non-citizen parents until that child turns 21. Do you understand now? It is no longer a case of "Oh we'll have a baby and then we can stay here legally", which was the original concept of "the anchor baby".

And honey, I'm an immigrant. I did it the legal way, and I did it the hard way. And (oh, I'm sure Wino will pipe up at some point about this) I was part of a volunteer group which helped refugees. I know far more about which services are available to illegals versus which are available to documented aliens than you could ever imagine, dear.

I know. YOU obviously don't.

Vous comprendez?

fosterjoseph

Oh please.

Thanks!

Educate? Where exactly do you see where my facts are not correct? Again the typical reply of a liberal - insult without answer.

fosterjoseph

Let me explain it, dear.

A child born in the US is of course a US citizen. But the child CANNOT confer immigration benefits to their non-citizen parents until that child turns 21. Do you understand now? It is no longer a case of "Oh we'll have a baby and then we can stay here legally", which was the original concept of "the anchor baby".

And honey, I'm an immigrant. I did it the legal way, and I did it the hard way. And (oh, I'm sure Wino will pipe up at some point about this) I was part of a volunteer group which helped refugees. I know far more about which services are available to illegals versus which are available to documented aliens than you could ever imagine, dear.

I know. YOU obviously don't.

Vous comprendez?
The "anchor baby" was never able to confer legal status to their parents until 21. If some parents imagined that would happen it doesn't mean that was ever the law. Original concept" does not mean that was the law. So there are still anchor babies.

Your comment about services only serves to validate your ignorance. You seew dearie, there's a difference between those who "volunteer" and those who have worked in a field their whole life thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">