• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Happens Now?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Emily_48

I'm a 17 year old living in cuyahoga county in Ohio. In March of last year and I was given a possession charge at school for marijuana. I was not arrested but I did have to participate in community diversion and was placed on probation until I turn 18. Last night I was pulled over for my speed in Lorain county and the cop said he smelled alcohol and went on to test me. I blew over the legal limit, and was arrested. Since I didn't blow over .08 and I'm a minor the ticket written to me was for a underage, not for ovi or dui. My question is what are the odds the case will be moved to my county, and if so how will this be affected by my past charge for possession? Will my license be suspended? What about probation? House arrest?

I'm a 17 year old living in cuyahoga county in Ohio. In March of last year and I was given a possession charge at school for marijuana. I was not arrested but I did have to participate in community diversion and was placed on probation until I turn 18. Last night I was pulled over for my speed in Lorain county and the cop said he smelled alcohol and went on to test me. I blew over the legal limit, and was arrested. Since I didn't blow over .08 and I'm a minor the ticket written to me was for a underage, not for ovi or dui. My question is what are the odds the case will be moved to my county, and if so how will this be affected by my past charge for possession? Will my license be suspended? What about probation? House arrest?

About the only thing I could say with any degree of certainty is you will probably have the opportunity to become very familiar with public transportation maybe until you're 21.
The fact you haven't completed probation from a previous scrape with the law isn't going to help you much.

Probation? House arrest that will be decided by the Judge.

Speaking with an attorney would be a good idea.
Good Luck

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You are underage so therefore ANY alcohol is too much. You wouldn't have had to blow over .08. Even if you are an adult, you don't have to blow over .08 to be charged with OVI.

The case is NOT going to be moved to your county most likely. Get used to traveling to Lorain for court. Probation or punishment may be served in your county. Expect to lose your license until you are 21. Expect to pay fines. Expect that you be ordered to treatment for drugs or alcohol or at least an assessment. Should I continue?

quincy

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">