• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage girl with over age guy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomandjerry

The person I am asking this question in regards to lives in Michigan. He is 21 years old and the girl is 16. They haven't had sex and they won't have it until the girl is at least 18 or they decided to get married. They are boyfriend and girlfriend in terms that they talk to each other through text messages. Problem is that the girl's mom found out and she is not happy about it. What can legally happen to the guy? I did read somewhere that the legal age for a girl to be able to have sex is 16 regardless of the "over" age of the guy. But that doesn't explain the main question, what could Legally happen against the guy if he is caught talking to her again. Can the girl's parents do anything? One thing to keep in mind is that the girl really likes the guy and vice versa so if it depends on the girl then it wouldn't be any problem. This is not really a big issue but I am just wondering for now. Any helps would be appreciated.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
The person I am asking this question in regards to lives in Michigan. He is 21 years old and the girl is 16. They haven't had sex and they won't have it until the girl is at least 18 or they decided to get married. They are boyfriend and girlfriend in terms that they talk to each other through text messages. Problem is that the girl's mom found out and she is not happy about it. What can legally happen to the guy? I did read somewhere that the legal age for a girl to be able to have sex is 16 regardless of the "over" age of the guy. But that doesn't explain the main question, what could Legally happen against the guy if he is caught talking to her again. Can the girl's parents do anything? One thing to keep in mind is that the girl really likes the guy and vice versa so if it depends on the girl then it wouldn't be any problem. This is not really a big issue but I am just wondering for now. Any helps would be appreciated.
The parents could file for a restraining order to keep the adult away from their child. :cool:

tomandjerry

The parents could file for a restraining order to keep the adult away from their child. :cool:
Does the child have any say in it? And is that the absolute worst that could happen against the guy? And what is the restraining order limited to? The guy doesn't usually physically see the girl anyways, can she still text if she wants?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
A sixteen year old is under the custody, care and control of her parents. She does not have any say in who she is allowed to see if her parents say no. If her parents say that she cannot text him, she cannot text him. If her parents get a restraining order that says he cannot contact her in any way, then he cannot contact her in any way. If he contacts her anyway in violation of the order, then he can go to jail. The hypothetical restraining order will be limited to what the judge who issues it decides it is limited to.

I'mTheFather

The bolded is key to your query:

Does the child have any say in it? And is that the absolute worst that could happen against the guy? And what is the restraining order limited to? The guy doesn't usually physically see the girl anyways, can she still text if she wants?
To add to what cbg said, the parents will probably take her phone away, ground her, and possibly employ further restrictive consequences if they're smart.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And as long as she is even one minute under 18, legally her parents are GOD.

Even after she turns 18, if she's still living with them and accepting their support, it's their house, their rules.

tomandjerry

Stealth, instead of trolling, try helping someone out once in a while. If you have nothing productive/useful to say then don't bother posting. Consider this an advice, I am not going to go on a battle with you on the forum so excuse yourself from this post because you won't get a response out of me.

Proserpina

Stealth, instead of trolling, try helping someone out once in a while. If you have nothing productive/useful to say then don't bother posting. Consider this an advice, I am not going to go on a battle with you on the forum so excuse yourself from this post because you won't get a response out of me.

That's not how it works.

You don't get to decide who does or doesn't respond.

Now, get your friend to sign up themselves. You know, given that this is NONE of your business.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Of course, I DID get a response from you, didn't I?

In reality, normal 21 yo men do not find 16 yo girls that interesting. They either want to get some, or they are looking for a girl who is young and naive enough to be controlled and manipulated. Hopefully, this girl's parents are willing to do what they need to protect their child from your "friend".

Proserpina

Of course, I DID get a response from you, didn't I?

In reality, normal 21 yo men do not find 16 yo girls that interesting. They either want to get some, or they are looking for a girl who is young and naive enough to be controlled and manipulated. Hopefully, this girl's parents are willing to do what they need to protect their child from your "friend".

I do have to say something here.

It's a cultural thing.

In the UK for example? The age of consent is 16. And it's not considered abnormal for a 21 year old to date a 16 year old - it's not always a case of manipulation, or control, or wanting hawt virgin sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">