• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage girl with over age guy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cappuccino

The parents could file for a restraining order to keep the adult away from their child. :cool:
Not quite... They need to prove you are doing something dangerous to get a restraining order. Otherwise Id have some for my boss already... hehehe wont that be interesting next meeting, buncha cops bust in and arrest him for being too close :D

Stealth, instead of trolling, try helping someone out once in a while. If you have nothing productive/useful to say then don't bother posting. Consider this an advice, I am not going to go on a battle with you on the forum so excuse yourself from this post because you won't get a response out of me.
Butt hurt some?

Ever hear about those cops who only sign up just so they can shoot someone/run someone over with a car? Or the ARMY folk who sign up just to shoot someone too? Internet forums have these people too... They must mock or joke on situations either similar to their own, or situations that have angered them in the past. Try not to let it get to you.

Proserpina

Not quite... They need to prove you are doing something dangerous to get a restraining order. Otherwise Id have some for my boss already... hehehe wont that be interesting next meeting, buncha cops bust in and arrest him for being too close :D

Incorrect. This is a MINOR. The parents DO NOT need to show a direct threat to the minor.

Butt hurt some?

Not us, but you might be for being wrong ;)

Ever hear about those cops who only sign up just so they can shoot someone/run someone over with a car? Or the ARMY folk who sign up just to shoot someone too? Internet forums have these people too... They must mock or joke on situations either similar to their own, or situations that have angered them in the past. Try not to let it get to you.

Well, that was stunning legal advice.

No, really.

LdiJ

Well.... we're not in the UK, are we, lovey? :p
While I agree that we are not in the UK, I also don't find it quite so weird that a 21 year old might feel an affinity with a 16 year old. It depends on the maturity level of both of them. Less than 100 years ago in this country a 21 year old male might have been considered too young for marriage but a 16 year old girl might have been considered just the right age.

After all, if she was 18 and he was 23 nobody would think twice about it.

Still...I agree that this particular 21 year old probably should be dating people closer to his own age.

Cappuccino

Well, that was stunning legal advice.

No, really.
I was 18 dating a 16yr old and it was thrown out of court since the parrents couldnt prove any direct threat besides a slipping history grade in school.

Nah I think you may wana run some numbers again and possibly site some sources to continue my consideration of you in a reply

Proserpina

I was 18 dating a 16yr old and it was thrown out of court since the parrents couldnt prove any direct threat besides a slipping history grade in school.

Nah I think you may wana run some numbers again and possibly site some sources to continue my consideration of you in a reply

And you're in Michigan?

You're the one claiming that the OP needs proof of a threat - back up your claim.

:cool:

ecmst12

Threat is easy to prove - older man wants to contribute to the delinquency of my child and coerce her into having sex, which will probably be inadequately protected, and is influencing her to disobey her parents.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And while I will acknowledge that there is some validity to LdiJ's point, it is also true that 100 years ago there was only one career open to most upper and upper middle class girls; that of wife and mother. They were raised to it and expected to take it up somewhere between the ages of 16 and 20. Men, on the other hand, again in the upper brackets, were expected to go to university and not start a family until their education was complete and they were established in whatever business they were taking up.

single317dad

I do have to say something here.

It's a cultural thing.

In the UK for example? The age of consent is 16. And it's not considered abnormal for a 21 year old to date a 16 year old - it's not always a case of manipulation, or control, or wanting hawt virgin sex.
The age of consent in Michigan is 16 and there is no close in age exception, unless one is an authority figure in which case the age of consent is 18.
750.520d Criminal sexual conduct in the third degree
(1) A person is guilty of criminal sexual conduct in the third degree if the person engages in sexual penetration with another person and if any of the following circumstances exist: (a) That other person is at least 13 years of age and under 16 years of age.

The amended act coming into effect April 1 reads the same for this section. In fact, the age of consent for many US states is 16. That's not to say that mom and dad wouldn't have any success using legal methods to keep the guy away, but if he has sex with her now it's not a crime.

ETA: Just don't buy her any cigarettes.

ETA2: Should probably add that anything that would invoke federal law, like using instant messenger to set up a tryst, or taking a trip to another state or country to commit the act, would raise the age of consent to 18.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
But he didn't ask whether sex between them was a crime. He asked if Mom and Dad had any means to prevent them being in contact. To which the answer is not only yes, but hell yes.

Just Blue

But he didn't ask whether sex between them was a crime. He asked if Mom and Dad had any means to prevent them being in contact. To which the answer is not only yes, but hell yes.
When my eldest was 15 1/2 she started dating a VERY cute boy. I had a "heart to heart" with him. I let him know if he crossed the line I would PERSONALLY take care of him. If an adult was after her?...I wouldn't have even issued a warning shot.

But thats just me. I might just be odd that I want my children to grow up before getting knocked up. I'm weird that way. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">