• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

awol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jarrettsdaman

What is the name of your state? louisiana
i ran away from the army because i had a nervous breakdown in july and i want if over with so i can get on with my life. what are my options.

H

hmmbrdzz

jarrettsdaman said:
What is the name of your state? louisiana
i ran away from the army because i had a nervous breakdown in july and i want if over with so i can get on with my life. what are my options.
My response: Sorry about your breakdown. Hope things get better. You don't have a whole lot of options as I see it if you want your life to be better at some point. These sites might help you some.

http://pao.hood.army.mil/1cd_1-227cav/pl01-11.htm

http://www.first.army.mil/sja/sja_awol_proc.htm

http://www.first.army.mil/miltlink.htm

Good luck.

hmmbrdzz

edit: I had to come back. My son's in the Army, stationed at Ft. Drum. His uncle, an American but over in Egypt somewhere doing something with sewer treatment plants, implied in a letter to all of us about six months ago that -- because of the pending war -- he would be inclined to go AWOL. No one in this family has spoken to that uncle since, and it's highly probable no one ever will again -- at least not without thinking of that statement with some deep resentment. Some things just don't need to be said.

Anyhow..... there may an e-mail on one of those sites that you can access that will put you through to whoever you need to talk to. I don't know what to tell you to do other than get it over with.

Last edited:
O

oddefex

I know what to do

I used to be a recruiter for the army. Best bet is to contact your old unit tell them you want out and its a very simple process of getting out.You wont get in trouble just have to go back to the army for a couple weeks to out process and you will have a dishonorable discharge. Do that before the us marshalls come and get you first.

Son of Slam

Re: I know what to do

oddefex said:
I used to be a recruiter for the army. Best bet is to contact your old unit tell them you want out and its a very simple process of getting out.You wont get in trouble just have to go back to the army for a couple weeks to out process and you will have a dishonorable discharge. Do that before the us marshalls come and get you first.

I always knew recruiters were the biggest liers. Some people think it's laywers.

It's awful hard to get a Dishonorable Discharge without commiting a felony. If the poster proves he will not cooperate with the army, he will receive an Undeseriable Discharge.

H

hmmbrdzz

I would like to ask the ex recruiter something (you may not want to answer, and it would be totally understandable if you didnt), BUT -- do recruiters advise potential recruits that they will help them pass a drug test in order to get in?

hmmbrdzz

O

oddefex

Re: Re: I know what to do

Son of Slam said:
I always knew recruiters were the biggest liers. Some people think it's laywers.

It's awful hard to get a Dishonorable Discharge without commiting a felony. If the poster proves he will not cooperate with the army, he will receive an Undeseriable Discharge.
Actualy Slam, It is possible to get a dishonorable just for going awol depending on how hard the army wants to go after him. You should try reading the UCMJ before makeing statements that are not acurate.

In all likelyhood he will be discharged with a general discharge. But It is the worst case scenario that he gets a dishonorable. Like haveing the US marshals bring him in or if he pisses off the wrong guy. Now as per recruiters being liars thats the truth. Thats why i left after 6 months instead of the 1 year mandatory. I cant lie to people just to fill a mission every month.

O

oddefex

hmmbrdzz said:
I would like to ask the ex recruiter something (you may not want to answer, and it would be totally understandable if you didnt), BUT -- do recruiters advise potential recruits that they will help them pass a drug test in order to get in?

hmmbrdzz
I have overheard conversations to that effect when i recruited.. I personaly wouldnt have done it.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MrsSmith2U said:
My father was in the Army before I was born and he had a hard time dealing with what he had to do. There had many different versions of how he left the Army, but I didn't find out the facts until after his death in 2000, when I requested his military files.

He couldn't deal with army life and he gotten into numerous fights for which he ended up in jail. Finally he decided to go AWOL and a month after that he turned himself in. He asked the Army to let him out, and they gave him an Undesirable Discharge, not a Dishonorable Discharge.

My response:

I guess this type of crap runs in your trailer trash family. First, it's your father who is an "undesirable COWARD", and then you marry a prisoner. What's wrong with your family picture?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MrsSmith2U said:
IAAL

Don't start it with my family....I didn't direct anything toward you, so keep your comments to yourself.

My response:

Hey, you "opened the door" when it came to your coward of a father. Now, that information is open for scrutiny. And, believe me, until the day you leave this site permanently, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be mentioning THAT bit of info again.

Got any more skeletons in your closet?

IAAL

H

hmmbrdzz

oddefex said:
I have overheard conversations to that effect when i recruited.. I personaly wouldnt have done it.
My response: My son told me that his recruiter made a comment "if you can't piss clean by Monday (which was a few days away), we can help you out". My son said "I don't need any help." I suppose our Armed Forces "gotta do what they gotta do".

And about the AWOL issue?

Ten days.

hmmbrdzz

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MrsSmith2U said:
IAAL,

I don't care what you say...it just shows that you are truly unprofessional, to say the least. I'm not going anywhere because you want me to.

He went AWOL because my mom was pregnant with my sister and she was very ill. My dad was the only one to take care of her. After she was born he turned himself in. When he was discharged, he worked EVERY DAY for the City. He never took any time off even when he was sick. He worked up until the day he died at age 55. He got off work at 5 pm on a Friday and he died in his sleep that night.

So you can trash me all you want, but disrespecting my father is another thing all together. Good Night!!

My response:

Hey, idiot! I'm not talking trash - - I'm talking truth, which is more than I can say for you.

Let's take a look at your statements - -

First, you say the reason for your father's cowardice is:

"He couldn't deal with army life and he gotten into numerous fights for which he ended up in jail. Finally he decided to go AWOL and a month after that he turned himself in."

AND THEN YOU SAY - -

"He went AWOL because my mom was pregnant with my sister and she was very ill."

So, in typical criminal form, just like the rest of your family, and your COWARD of a father, you lie through your teeth and can't even keep your stories straight.

Like I've always said, "once a criminal, always a criminal" - - and baby, you're living proof.

I'd refer to you and your family as scumbags, but that would give bags of scum a bad name.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MrsSmith2U said:
Sure, there was a lot of different reasons...he got into fights because of army life and worrying about my mother. You don't know my life Mr. I AM A LOSER because I can't give real legal advice. What would everyone call your parents? They seem to be trash since they gave birth to scum like YOU. No, your mom's a whore and you don't know who your father is, so you take your frustration out on everyone else. At least I have love in my life, something you don't know anything about.

Like I said--Good Night-you old fart.

My response:

You see, everything you've said about me is conjecture, and made up. You, on the other hand have voluntarily talked about your family. So, I have copies of what you've said about yourself and your family, and you can rest assured that I'm going to use your words like a bludgeon!

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MrsSmith2U said:
Go ahead...I don't say anything that I don't want anyone else to know. You still are an ass and EVERYONE knows that. So you can quote me on that too.

=====================================

My response:

So, let me get this straight - - you "WANT" everyone to know that your father is COWARD? Good move. Where's your coward father today? Digging ditches?

Oh, by the way, say hello to your criminal husband - - you know, he's the man that ISN'T in your bed at night.

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:
O

oddefex

hmmbrdzz said:
My response: My son told me that his recruiter made a comment "if you can't piss clean by Monday (which was a few days away), we can help you out". My son said "I don't need any help." I suppose our Armed Forces "gotta do what they gotta do".

And about the AWOL issue?

Ten days.

hmmbrdzz
Well at one point when i was in. Dirty drug tests came up so much that some armed forces like the marines and navy stopped testing completely.It was due to the low rate of recruits coming in to those two branches. The army air force and coast guard always drug tested at least the time i was in. The AWOL issue without turning it into a debate of what he will or will not get is simple. If he goes and turns himself in he will get a slap on the wrist and thrown out in due time. If he wait years eludes marshalls or just plain becomes a major pain in someones ass he could do time and get himself a dishonorable. Like i said before he will most likely get a general.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MrsSmith2U said:

"Seems to me that you don't read very well. MY father is DEAD!"

===================================

My response:

Oh, that's right. Sorry. Someone dug a ditch for HIM!

Let me guess - - he's not buried at Arlington - - correct? Hopefully, he's not buried anywhere near any brave soldiers.

They don't bury cowards near other soldiers, do they?

IAAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">