• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Woman Stalks and Harasses Me Over A Parking Spot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bosquestions

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

This has been going on for at least a month. I park next to a small business building several days a week. The building is at the end of a residential street which is less a mile from my home. It's a public parking spot, no parking permit required, no restrictions and it's not in front of anyone's house. This woman lives down the street, a few houses away from the business building. Over the past month or longer, she's been making sudden appearances (usually driving in her car), following me, and threatened to tow my car. One early morning when I was parking, she showed up in front of me, it seemed like she's been waiting for me to come, she pulled up her car next to mine and starting yelling at me. I kept my windows closed, afraid she might attack me. The same day I came back to pick up my car in the evening, her car suddenly showed up again. She sat in her car and stared at me. She was going to say something, but since she was blocking the road and someone else's car needed to get by, so she left. This morning I was walking down the street after parking, she appeared from nowhere, driving her car and following me. She pulled up next to me and threatened to tow my car. Another time I saw her car following me while I was driving back to my apartment building. Two weeks ago my car had mysterious scratches on the front bumper while parked at the same spot. I have no evidence she did it but I think it's not impossible. I will continue to park there but I am afraid of retailiatory damage from her. I feel uncomfortable and unsafe because of her behavior. Can I call the cops on her for stalking and harassing, or something else?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

This has been going on for at least a month. I park next to a small business building several days a week. The building is at the end of a residential street which is less a mile from my home. It's a public parking spot, no parking permit required, no restrictions and it's not in front of anyone's house. This woman lives down the street, a few houses away from the business building. Over the past month or longer, she's been making sudden appearances (usually driving in her car), following me, and threatened to tow my car. One early morning when I was parking, she showed up in front of me, it seemed like she's been waiting for me to come, she pulled up her car next to mine and starting yelling at me. I kept my windows closed, afraid she might attack me. The same day I came back to pick up my car in the evening, her car suddenly showed up again. She sat in her car and stared at me. She was going to say something, but since she was blocking the road and someone else's car needed to get by, so she left. This morning I was walking down the street after parking, she appeared from nowhere, driving her car and following me. She pulled up next to me and threatened to tow my car. Another time I saw her car following me while I was driving back to my apartment building. Two weeks ago my car had mysterious scratches on the front bumper while parked at the same spot. I have no evidence she did it but I think it's not impossible. I will continue to park there but I am afraid of retailiatory damage from her. I feel uncomfortable and unsafe because of her behavior. Can I call the cops on her for stalking and harassing, or something else?
Look at this from an outside view: A person who lives close to the spot you park in happens to be near the spot you park in...how is that stalking? Additionally, in this country, one has the right to speak their mind and gestures are considered a form of "speech".

Ignore her. You may also wish to park elsewhere.

bosquestions

Look at this from an outside view: A person who lives close to the spot you park in happens to be near the spot you park in...how is that stalking? Additionally, in this country, one has the right to speak their mind and gestures are considered a form of "speech".

Ignore her. You may also wish to park elsewhere.

So someone can't be stalking or following another person because she lives close by? She would drive pass her house and follow me to my apartment building. She would wait in her car in front of her house, harassed me, then drove back home. I don't know what this is called.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So someone can't be stalking or following another person because she lives close by? She would drive pass her house and follow me to my apartment building. She would wait in her car in front of her house, harassed me, then drove back home. I don't know what this is called.
Talk to the police about it.

PaulMass

Guessing from your name that you're in Boston, head down to the BMC and file for a 258E restraining order. You'll need her name and address.

bosquestions

Guessing from your name that you're in Boston, head down to the BMC and file for a 258E restraining order. You'll need her name and address.
Yes in Boston. I know where she lives but don't have her name. I am going to confront her next time she approaches me.

bosquestions

Gosh, everybody and his brother can record video on their phone.

Why not you.

No audio unless you tell her.

I was either in shock or didn't have time to pull up my camera phone. She always made sudden appearances when I was parking, driving, or walking on the street. Maybe I should wear a hat with hidden camera.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">