• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Woman Stalks and Harasses Me Over A Parking Spot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Silverplum

Do you park there and then catch a bus? Is the disputed space somehow blocking access or visibility for the small business?

I feel like you are giving out only the factoids that make you look good and omitting the ones that tell the rest of the true story. We aren't dentists, don't make us pull teeth (factoids) one by one.

bosquestions

I have no idea. It's not like I know her or have a history with her... She probably sits on her balcony and guards "her street" every day.

eerelations

You still don't get what I'm asking. Why is she targeting you for abuse? What is it that she thinks you're doing that is causing her to be so angry at you? I know you've said you have no idea, but if that's true and she really doesn't have a reason, then she's mentally ill...and there's nothing you can do about that.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The OP mentioned "confronting" the lady in an earlier post. Confrontational is not the way to go. Now, it may help if the OP would have a rational conversation with the lady to find out what her concerns are. At that point she can decide how she wants to proceed. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced that the OP would be able to have a rational conversation with this lady. That's why it may be best to contact the police about the matter...or simply park elsewhere.

bosquestions

Do you park there and then catch a bus? Is the disputed space somehow blocking access or visibility for the small business?

I feel like you are giving out only the factoids that make you look good and omitting the ones that tell the rest of the true story. We aren't dentists, don't make us pull teeth (factoids) one by one.
I think I was clear in my original post, but let me be more specific: It's a legit public street parking spot at the end of the street. No parking restrictions signs (time limit, street cleaning, etc), no resident permit required, no fire hydrant, not in front of anyone's house. The space is next to a windowless solid brick wall of a warehouse type business building. There are two parking spaces next to this wall. One space is occupied by a small business van 24/7, the other space in front of it is where I park. Sometimes other cars park there too, like I said, it's public street parking. I am very careful and park far enough from the street corner so no way I am blocking anyone's access. If I violated any parking rules I would have gotten a parking ticket from the city already. I park there and go to work, but this shouldn't be relevant -- and no, my work isn't selling drugs in the neighborhood or anything illegal.

That woman lives in a small condo building converted from a 3-family-house. She parks in their private parking lot next to the house and every unit gets assigned parking space. So it's not like she has to fight with me for a space. In fact there are many available street parking spaces for residents (a reason why resident permit is not required), but I just don't want to park in front of someone's house, especially if that someone is crazy like her.

So this is the true story. No more, no less.

Last edited:

bosquestions

You still don't get what I'm asking. Why is she targeting you for abuse? What is it that she thinks you're doing that is causing her to be so angry at you? I know you've said you have no idea, but if that's true and she really doesn't have a reason, then she's mentally ill...and there's nothing you can do about that.
I don't know why she targets me. The only reason I can think of is that she doesn't have a good heart and she tries to bully and scare me away so I don't park in "her territory" again. But there's no reason why I am not allowed to park at that spot (see my other post).

A person doesn't have to be mentally ill to act mean towards others. She's just selfish and evil. But of course, she could be both selfish/evil and mentally ill at the same time. That's TBD by a doctor.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't know why she targets me. The only reason I can think of is that she doesn't have a good heart and she tries to bully and scare me away so I don't park in "her territory" again. But there's no reason why I am not allowed to park at that spot (see my other post).

A person doesn't have to be mentally ill to act mean towards others. She's just selfish and evil. But of course, she could be both selfish/evil and mentally ill at the same time. That's TBD by a doctor.
You've determined that this person, whom you've never spoken with, is selfish and evil. That speaks volumes about you.

bosquestions

You've determined that this person, whom you've never spoken with, is selfish and evil. That speaks volumes about you.
I have heard how she yelled at me, followed me, scared me and threatened me several times in the past month, and I've been followed home by her in the evening, etc --- all this for taking an public parking space that happens to be on the same street that she lives. I said she is "selfish" is to respond to the other's question why she gets angry for me parking on her street, I said she's "evil" because of the treatment she's giving me, while I have done nothing wrong to her. Maybe I should think she's nice and that's her cute way to befriend me??

eerelations

Okay so (boy do I hate dental work!) what does she actually say when she's yelling at you? That she doesn't like you? That she doesn't like your car? Gibberish? What???

Silverplum

I have heard how she yelled at me, followed me, scared me and threatened me several times in the past month, and I've been followed home by her in the evening, etc --- all this for taking an public parking space that happens to be on the same street that she lives. I said she is "selfish" is to respond to the other's question why she gets angry for me parking on her street, I said she's "evil" because of the treatment she's giving me, while I have done nothing wrong to her. Maybe I should think she's nice and that's her cute way to befriend me??
Minding our Qs for Ps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">