• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not so "fast food"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cvannoy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My fiance and I decided to go to Burger King tonight because I'm collecting the game pieces for the Twilight Saga Eclipse Game. It was a little bit before ten o'clock and the line for the drive thru didn't look as long as the wait actually took. We literally sat in the car without any cars moving for five minutes. As we got the chance to look at their first drive thru menu boards I noticed they did have the Eclipse prize board posted on it which led me to believe they were advertising for the contest. I ordered the number eight which is the chibata bread grilled chicken meal. I upgraded to a large thinking I would get more game pieces and possible closer to winning. The young woman that was taking our order painfully sounded like she did not want to be working at all. She honestly sounded like a girl version of Pedro from Napolien Dinomite. She took so long taking our order we had to tell her we were finished ordering. From the time we ordered to the time we got to pay and recieve our order it was at least ten minutes. Burger King is considered a "fast food" restaurant which waiting fifteen minutes for two burgers, one order of large fries, and a large soda does not what so ever mean fast food to me. Anyway as we approched the pick up window I noticed that there were no Eclipse food containers to be found. If I had known that they did not have those items I would not have even decided to go there. They same young woman that took our orders was also the one who gave us our order. The volume of her voice was so low that even my fiance, who was in the drivers seat, could not even make out half of what she was saying. I know the chances of winning big from these contests are really slim, but what if one of the game pieces I was supposed to recieve could of been the winning one? I was very upset to have waited so long just to be completely unsatisfied with the whole expierence.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

KnownOne

Hello cvannoy and welcome to the FreeAdvice community,

I'm terribly sorry for such a horrible dining experience at this "fast food" establishment. Like many Americans I'm speaking with today, we are ill about this. Sadly, pressing constitutional issues such as these take time to exposition from vegetative to fruition. I'm hungry. Reform will be needed: we have to stop the greed and corruption on Wall Street. As long as corporations have such control in all matters of eating experiences and condoms, we are out of luck. Much as brothers helped each and another for civil rights perturbation, we must.

Knowings to Obesity,
enOnwonK

pattytx

So what do you want us to tell you? Write a complaint letter to the manager of that location and copy corporate if you want to.

Please see my signature line. It applies this this situation.

FlyingRon

No, next time call 911 from the drive through lane. The police live for settling this sort of issue.
:p

You Are Guilty

Call the police immediately. Clearly, your "fiance" is dating a 12 year old, which I am sure is still illegal (even in California).

racer72

Did you have a legal question? Nothing in you rambling post comes close to suggesting a legal issue. You do realize that every advertising for these sucker games state "available at participating locations". I am looking at an ad for the contest right now and that is plainly visible on the bottom. You got lucky and found a non participating location. Enjoy your meal.

justalayman

when you are old enough to drive, you can drive to a participating BK. Until then, put on your big boy pants and at least try to act like an adult.

Antigone*

This idjit is going to be a butt of some very funny jokes and the source of a ton of laughs at the bar and grill.

thanks a bunch OP. We really enjoy your contribution to the Saturday edition of "Who is it Now"

~:p:p:p:p tigi

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I can't believe I actually read this thread. Of all the childish, idiotic, entitlement posts I have read, this one takes the gold-plated waffle iron.

Please tell me you did not seriously think this was a legal issue.

justalayman

I can't believe I actually read this thread. Of all the childish, idiotic, entitlement posts I have read, this one takes the gold-plated waffle iron.

Please tell me you did not seriously think this was a legal issue.
but he might have gotten the winning pieces of the game. Since they didn't give him those pieces and those piceses might have made him win, can't he sue for the prize money he didn't get?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
but he might have gotten the winning pieces of the game. Since they didn't give him those pieces and those piceses might have made him win, can't he sue for the prize money he didn't get?
And the moon might fall out of the sky tonight. Doesn't mean I should stock up on supplies and hide in the cellar.

justalayman

And the moon might fall out of the sky tonight. Doesn't mean I should stock up on supplies and hide in the cellar.
well, you just might. Did you hear that the magnetosphere contracted more than it has in 34 years and quite rapidly as well. Then there was the largest ever x-ray burst observed observed. Came from 5 billion light years away and scientists can't explain either phenomena.

maybe you should hide in the cellar tonight just to be sure:p

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Can't - gotta work tonight. But I'll be sure to stop in at BK on my way in, and get those winning pieces that rightfully belong to the poster.

cosine

Can't - gotta work tonight. But I'll be sure to stop in at BK on my way in, and get those winning pieces that rightfully belong to the poster.
I don't have to work today, so I'll be able to beat you to it. :cool:

Oh, wait ... I've had a bad experience with BK before ... and I deal with it through my wallet ... I'll be at Wendy's ... you can have the winning pieces. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">