• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not so "fast food"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Isis1

I'm highly disappointed in the seniors in this post!!! ALL OF YOU!!!!! Encouraging Tee to partake in popeye's chicken. The only way i'd be MORE outraged is if you exalted church's chicken.:confused:

I walked into a popeyes chicken once. The entire resturaunt stunk of rotten chicken. I walked right back out that door and haven't been back. Not even for the $1.00 dollar two piece chicken.

Proserpina

I'm highly disappointed in the seniors in this post!!! ALL OF YOU!!!!! Encouraging Tee to partake in popeye's chicken. The only way i'd be MORE outraged is if you exalted church's chicken.:confused:

I walked into a popeyes chicken once. The entire resturaunt stunk of rotten chicken. I walked right back out that door and haven't been back. Not even for the $1.00 dollar two piece chicken.

I hope you apologized to the poor chicken :D :p

justalayman

I can't say I have ever had that experience. I suppose it is possible. Not all restaurants are maintained the same.

rather have KFC?

my brother knew a guy that worked at the local KFC. When he was bored, he would catch flies and throw them in the fryer. I bet you thought that was pepper on the food.

want some more stories? I could give you enough you would probably never eat out again.

Isis1

I can't say I have ever had that experience. I suppose it is possible. Not all restaurants are maintained the same.

rather have KFC?

my brother knew a guy that worked at the local KFC. When he was bored, he would catch flies and throw them in the fryer. I bet you thought that was pepper on the food.

want some more stories? I could give you enough you would probably never eat out again.
I think the problem is i don't like fried chicken. I fell in love with KFC when they were serving that oven baked chicken. But since that's been gone, i've never went back.:p

ErinGoBragh

When I was in Xian, China to see the Terracotta army two weeks ago, I wanted American food. I was fed up with dumplings and noodles and pork. So we went to KFC, even though I don't even eat fast food in the states.

I ordered popcorn chicken to split with my uncle. It seemed like a safe bet. I bit the popcorn chicken in half. My stomach screamed at me in protest. I realized then that I was eating cubed chicken guts and skin. It was slimy. It was gross. I was starving. I ate some more.

The next day.. I'm in the hospital because my skin has turned yellow with jaundice, and my bathroom was where I had passed out the night before. It was just easier to not have to go through the agony of getting up and dragging myself there every 30 minutes.

An hour after checking into the hospitals (if you are white in China, they send you to the VIP area of the hospital, where you see a doctor IMMEDIATELY- no wait. I kid you not. It's a little sad.) I left the hospital with meds in hand. Food poisoning, from KFC. So gross. My uncle got very sick as well, but not actual food poisoning.

For $69, including the cost of the hospital visit, meds, and KFC, I learned this:

Do not eat KFC abroad. EVER.

The first thing friends who have been to China asked me when I said I had food poisoning was, "Was it McDonald's or KFC?"

Now that I'm in Vietnam, they are still everywhere. And my stomach dies a little more each time I see one.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">