• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Barrowed My Car To Friend Her Husband Sold It!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JUNKY

What is the name of your state? MICHIGAN. MY FRIEND NEEDED A CAR, HERS WAS BROKE DOWN. SHE HAD A SON WITH ONLY A LEARNERS PERMIT, I DID NOT WANT THE LIABILITY OF THAT SITUATION SO I PUT THE CAR IN HER NAME WITH THE AGREEMENT THAT THE CAR WOULD BE RETURNED. AFTER MONTHS OF THEM USING THE CAR HERS WAS FIXED. I TOLD HER I WANTED THE TITLE BACK AND SHE SAID OKAY. I GOT SO BUSY GETTING INTO ANOTHER HOUSE BECAUSE MINE HAD BURNED THAT WE FORGOT. I TOLD HER AND HER HUSBAND THAT I WOULD MOVE THE CAR AND THEY STATED THAT IT WOULD BE OKAY THERE. LAST WEEK I CALLED HER TO INFORM HER THAT I WOULD BE MOVING THE CARS THAT A FRIEND WANTED THE PONTAIC AND SHE INFORMED ME THAT THE CAR WAS NO LONGER THERE! SHE SAID HER HUSBAND SOLD IT. I TOLD HER THAT HE COULDN'T HAVE SOLD IT THE CAR IS MINE AND SHE SAID HE "MADE" HER SIGN OFF. WHEN I WENT AND SPOKE WITH HIM HE DID NOT DENY THE CAR WAS MINE HE SAID "I SOLD IT, IF YOU WANT IT FIND IT!" I WANT TO FILE A SUIT IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT AND WHEN THE CAR WAS SIGNED OVER I DIDN'T HAVE TITLE IT WAS PACKED AWAY SO FILLED OUT FORM SO SHE COULD USE CAR. ANY ADVICE OUT THERE REGUARDING VERBAL AGREEMENTS AND/OR VERBAL CONTRACTS. WOULD LIKE SOME HELP. THANK YOU -- MAD AS HECK!

rmet4nzkx

JUNKY said:
What is the name of your state? MICHIGAN. MY FRIEND NEEDED A CAR, HERS WAS BROKE DOWN. SHE HAD A SON WITH ONLY A LEARNERS PERMIT, I DID NOT WANT THE LIABILITY OF THAT SITUATION SO I PUT THE CAR IN HER NAME WITH THE AGREEMENT THAT THE CAR WOULD BE RETURNED. AFTER MONTHS OF THEM USING THE CAR HERS WAS FIXED. I TOLD HER I WANTED THE TITLE BACK AND SHE SAID OKAY. I GOT SO BUSY GETTING INTO ANOTHER HOUSE BECAUSE MINE HAD BURNED THAT WE FORGOT. I TOLD HER AND HER HUSBAND THAT I WOULD MOVE THE CAR AND THEY STATED THAT IT WOULD BE OKAY THERE. LAST WEEK I CALLED HER TO INFORM HER THAT I WOULD BE MOVING THE CARS THAT A FRIEND WANTED THE PONTAIC AND SHE INFORMED ME THAT THE CAR WAS NO LONGER THERE! SHE SAID HER HUSBAND SOLD IT. I TOLD HER THAT HE COULDN'T HAVE SOLD IT THE CAR IS MINE AND SHE SAID HE "MADE" HER SIGN OFF. WHEN I WENT AND SPOKE WITH HIM HE DID NOT DENY THE CAR WAS MINE HE SAID "I SOLD IT, IF YOU WANT IT FIND IT!" I WANT TO FILE A SUIT IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT AND WHEN THE CAR WAS SIGNED OVER I DIDN'T HAVE TITLE IT WAS PACKED AWAY SO FILLED OUT FORM SO SHE COULD USE CAR. ANY ADVICE OUT THERE REGUARDING VERBAL AGREEMENTS AND/OR VERBAL CONTRACTS. WOULD LIKE SOME HELP. THANK YOU -- MAD AS HECK!
Call Judge Judy.
http://www.judgejudy.com/

luvbskts

JUNKY said:
You put the car in her name. In the eyes of the law, you gave it to her to do with whatever she wanted.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JUNKY said:

My response:

Congratulations!

Your initial post was copied and just became a Runner-Up in our end-of-the-year, "Most Stupid Post" contest, being held on December 15, 2005 and the winner will be chosen by popular vote on that date!

Thank you! Make sure to come back on December 15, 2005 to see if you're our Grand Prize winner! Our 2004 Winner walked away with a brand new Chevrolet "Corvette" convertible!

Here's a list of the finalists of the 2004 "Most Stupid Post" contest so that you can compare yours to the "competition". Just click on this link: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=204109 and have a chuckle or two while reading! NUMBER SIX was our GRAND PRIZE WINNER!

Yes, I know it's incredible, and I know you're blushing with pride - - but, believe it or not, your post could be our Grand Prize winner for 2005! We're giving away TERRIFIC PRIZES! For further Details, Rules, and Prize list, click on this link for more information:

http://petit.philou.free.fr/

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hbreen said:
Iaal,
Great Website! I Love It!!

Hb

My response:

Thank you. But, I can't take all the credit. We have many terrific contributors on this site, and every single one of us assists to make this site as informative, and entertaining in some instances, as possible.

But, sometimes, posts like this one just "take the cake" and stretch the imagination and common sense to complete incredulity.

Hey, if we can't have fun too, what the hell's the use?

IAAL

Wow

I usually only lurk here, but I have to second the stupid post notion. Heck, I think the balloting should be closed, the ballots burned, and the white smoke declaring a winner.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lukeroberts said:
I usually only lurk here, but I have to second the stupid post notion. Heck, I think the balloting should be closed, the ballots burned, and the white smoke declaring a winner.

My response:

Well, I'm sure that JUNKY appreciates your vote; however, official voting doesn't start until November 15, 2005, and continues until December 15, 2005, when the newest winner of the "Most Stupid Post" contest will be chosen. There are many other such posts in my archive, so perhaps you may want to wait to read all of the rest, when I publish them, before voting; albeit, unofficially.

Unfortunately, JUNKY probably doesn't understand why her post has been selected as a "runner up" for the Most Stupid Post contest.

Does anyone want to tell JUNKY?

IAAL

S

seniorjudge

ANY ADVICE OUT THERE REGUARDING VERBAL AGREEMENTS AND/OR VERBAL CONTRACTS.

Not worth the paper they are written on.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

seniorjudge said:
ANY ADVICE OUT THERE REGUARDING VERBAL AGREEMENTS AND/OR VERBAL CONTRACTS.

Not worth the paper they are written on.

My response:

Yes!

Also, the fact that she signed the title to the car, relinquishing "all rights" to the ownership thereof.

Apparently, she knew what to do to transfer ownership, but didn't read what she was signing.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">