• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

subpoenas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zero18

What is the name of your state? Florida
I need to subpoena someone to find out there partners name so I can have to appear in court.
Can anyone tell me how to do this and what form to use. the court is not helping.
Thanks.

dcatz

Are you a litigant in the case? Is this Small Claims Court?
Subpoenas are issued by the Court. Simply get the form, complete it and see that it is properly served.
You can draft and serve a depositon subpoena yourself.
But perhaps you're trying to do something that is not permitted in Small Claims.
I need to subpoena someone to find out there partners name so I can have to appear in court.
Please explain this more fully.

zero18

I am the one trying to collect money owed.
yes it is small claims court.
i am not sure what form i need to fill out. all i want to do is have a witness come to court.

tranquility

Discovery is one of the things which are limited in small claims. I don't think you can subpoena to get the information you want, this is why. The subpoena gets the person with the knowledge into court. They then tell you the partners. You can now do nothing with this information as you have to finish your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">