• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

citation or bs?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmomo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona..as everyone knows here in the desert its hot..i have no air condioning in my car..live paycheck to paycheck..i live alone..naturally,dont't have money to spend on it getting it fixed..rarely take a drive at night..the night i decided to drive i get pulled over by a cop..ok..he asked questions like..where are you going?..told him just on a drive thought i would get out in the air..so in the middle of these questions he asked going to score some dope?..told him..wait that is offending me..nver done that in my life..told him bout its hot in the day..rarely drive at night..,clean record etc.. wondering why all the stupid questions..wasnt speeding,had my seatbelt on. my licence info checked out..even asked me why not fix your aircondioning,cant afford it? i did get a citation for driving without glasses at night,forgot i even had that on there..he had to find something..as someone like me..no record,and of course have to save to go get some eye glasses,why do these cops think they are above the law? why not tell me what i have done wrong and be pros about it instead of this?..i never been to court before..so,does this sound like he was slandering me? should i say this in court? was my rights being violated?..please help

LillianX

No one slandered you. You were pulled over legally, the officer asked standard questions, and cited you for driving without glasses. Absolutely nothing inappropriate happened.

justalayman

No one slandered you. You were pulled over legally, the officer asked standard questions, and cited you for driving without glasses. Absolutely nothing inappropriate happened.
well, there was no slander.

as to being legally pulled over; OP never said why he was pulled over so there is no way to know if it was a legal stop or not.

kmomo

thank you for your input:)..yes i admit i am an uneducated moron,when it comes to this..lol..people sometimes don't really know until it happens to them..im glad there are sites like these to get opinions negative or positive..as a person thats never been standing in front of a judge,well there is a first time for everything..

cyjeff

So why were you pulled over?

We aren't dentists. Don't make getting the answers like pulling teeth.

kmomo

So why were you pulled over?

We aren't dentists. Don't make getting the answers like pulling teeth.
:)i like that quote..he pulled me over for having a faulty light on my license plate..didn't site me for that tho..he ran my license didn't find anything,but i had a restriction on my license for no night driving..needed glasses to drive at night..wish i never forgot about that..but i dam well did

The Occultist

kmomo, I like how you accuse the officer of thinking he was above the law, but that it's okay for you to ignore the fact that you're supposed to be wearing glasses while driving at night. I would definitely make sure you don't display an attitude like that when you get your chance to talk to the judge (not saying you really have a shot at beating anything here, but that will certainly ruin any chance you have).

kmomo

thank you occultist..and your right..my thoughts were that he was above the law..didn't argue with the cop..answered all his questions..and admitted to him i wasn't wearing glasses..and i kept repeating the same answers to him..seems like he couldn't believe that a person could go out for a drive at night if they want to..the point is..was my own stupitiy that i did really forget i had that restriction on my license..but as a first time in front of a judje,i will take your advice:)

cyjeff

So there was a valid reason to pull you over.

Granted, part of that reason may have been the neighborhood you were in, but there was a reason.

Go to the judge (wearing your glasses) and throw yourself on the mercy of the court. If you treat the judge with respect and deference, you may get the outcome you seek.

kmomo

thank you occultist..and your right..my thoughts were that he was above the law..didn't argue with the cop..answered all his questions..and admitted to him i wasn't wearing glasses..and i kept repeating the same answers to him..seems like he couldn't believe that a person could go out for a drive at night if they want to..the point is..was my own stupitiy that i did really forget i had that restriction on my license..but as a first time in front of a judje,i will take your advice:)
the only thing i said was that his questioning on me "scoring some dope" was offensive to me..never did that in my life..and he stopped and proceeded with the writing of the citation

kmomo

So there was a valid reason to pull you over.

Granted, part of that reason may have been the neighborhood you were in, but there was a reason.

Go to the judge (wearing your glasses) and throw yourself on the mercy of the court. If you treat the judge with respect and deference, you may get the outcome you seek.
thanks cyjeff,i will do:)..granted..i will be nervous,but i will do that

Thats correct. However, the OP is not obligated to be playing 20 questions with the officer either. I normally just tell the officer "I am pleased you are concerned about me but I really don't want to play 20 questions with you, I prefer to remain silent".

As to the citation, the posting does not show that the officer had a proper reason to pull you over. You could ask for a dismissal ~ what your chances are? Probably slim,,its a traffic case after all.

Good luck.

kmomo

thank u lillianx...i will try for a dismissal..will try anyways..thank you for your advice..thank you all:)

kmomo

and for now on i will say what you said whenever i get pulled over..i never been questioned like that before..threw me for a loop..next time it won't hopefully..guess mabe that was the point..who knows:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">