• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JRhammy42

VA

got in an accident in my gf car. Her parents told us to lie to the officer, who was not present, and tell the trooper she was driving, so the insurance would cover the damage, so we did that. Afterwards her parents changed their minds and called the trooper to tell him that I was driving. He called my gf and her lawyer and they made agreement that if she told him the truth he wouldnt press charges on her for the reckless driving or lying to the police. So she told him the truth, not written, but spoken. and he dropped all of her charges, including the reckless driving charge he originally wrote. He told her to have me call him to confirm that I was the driver and I did so. He then said he had no choice but to charge me with reckless driving. The problem is, that violates my unsupervised probation which I can not break any laws or be in court for any reason really. There was no witnesses, Only hear say from her mom , her , and me a little bit. He said hed call me in a few days and let me know what was going to happen but most likely thered be a warrant for my arrest and I could either wind up meetin him at jail or him come to my house IF they charge me. I am wondering what to do or if I have any case? Or if he even has a case with nothing in writing that says I was the driver? and he was not there during the accident and neither was anybody else

JRhammy42

Somebody please get this thread going, I need advice soon. I dont know if I should call a lawyer if too much has already been said. I need to know if he is going to press charges based on his evidence. which is third party hearsay and what I told him over the phone. nothing in writing. Will the magistrate/commonwealth attorney just throw this out and say its not worth their time or will they have enough to charge me with and iron clad case

sandyclaus

VA

got in an accident in my gf car. Her parents told us to lie to the officer, who was not present, and tell the trooper she was driving, so the insurance would cover the damage, so we did that. Afterwards her parents changed their minds and called the trooper to tell him that I was driving. He called my gf and her lawyer and they made agreement that if she told him the truth he wouldnt press charges on her for the reckless driving or lying to the police. So she told him the truth, not written, but spoken. and he dropped all of her charges, including the reckless driving charge he originally wrote. He told her to have me call him to confirm that I was the driver and I did so. He then said he had no choice but to charge me with reckless driving. The problem is, that violates my unsupervised probation which I can not break any laws or be in court for any reason really. There was no witnesses, Only hear say from her mom , her , and me a little bit. He said hed call me in a few days and let me know what was going to happen but most likely thered be a warrant for my arrest and I could either wind up meetin him at jail or him come to my house IF they charge me. I am wondering what to do or if I have any case? Or if he even has a case with nothing in writing that says I was the driver? and he was not there during the accident and neither was anybody else
You were foolish enough to lie to the police officer. The fact that your G/F's parents told you to do it doesn't remove your liability or responsibility.

All of this could have been prevented by admitting to the officer that you were driving in the first place. It probably would have been a simple ticket instead of an arrest.

We are not going to give you advice on how to lie once again to try to shift blame elsewhere in order to get you off the hook for the reckless driving charge you are now facing. You should have thought about the consequences of your poorly considered choices before getting to this point. All you can do now is place yourself at the mercy of the court and hope they do not violate you on your probation and send you back to jail to finish out your sentence.

JRhammy42

You dont really know what you are talking about. I am not asking for someones advice who does the opposite of a lawyer. i am not asking anyone to help me lie. I am asking someone to tell me if the cop will end up pressing charges because of the circumstances or if the magistrate/commonwealth attorney will decide to dismiss it before hand. I am ready to take responsibility for my actions, that is not the question. The question is. Does the cop have an iron clad case or is he going to decide it is not worth his efforts.

JRhammy42

You were foolish enough to lie to the police officer. The fact that your G/F's parents told you to do it doesn't remove your liability or responsibility.
\.

I did not lie to the police officer. When the officer arrived, an hour after the accident. My g/f was on scene b/c her parents told her to tell the story. I was getting my 4 wheeler to come pull it out of the ditch. When I got back the cop had already called the tow truck. After the cop charged her with reckless, her parents changed their mind and called the cops to tell them what happened. So you are the foolish one to assume you know what your talking about.

sandyclaus

You dont really know what you are talking about. I am not asking for someones advice who does the opposite of a lawyer. i am not asking anyone to help me lie. I am asking someone to tell me if the cop will end up pressing charges because of the circumstances or if the magistrate/commonwealth attorney will decide to dismiss it before hand. I am ready to take responsibility for my actions, that is not the question. The question is. Does the cop have an iron clad case or is he going to decide it is not worth his efforts.
You'll have to ask the cop about that. However, in most courts of law, the judge will take the word of a cop over someone who willingly lied (by omission) and let their G/F claim responsibility for something they did themselves.

I did not lie to the police officer. When the officer arrived, an hour after the accident. My g/f was on scene b/c her parents told her to tell the story. I was getting my 4 wheeler to come pull it out of the ditch. When I got back the cop had already called the tow truck. After the cop charged her with reckless, her parents changed their mind and called the cops to tell them what happened. So you are the foolish one to assume you know what your talking about.
It's called a lie by omission. You stood there and let your G/F take the rap for something you know you did.

You are the fool, thinking that it was OK to do what you did. And for thinking that arguing the point is going to get you out of trouble. (HINT, it won't.)

JRhammy42

All of this could have been prevented by admitting to the officer that you were driving in the first place. It probably would have been a simple ticket instead of an arrest.

We are not going to give you advice on how to lie once again to try to shift blame elsewhere in order to get you off the hook for the reckless driving charge you are now facing. You should have thought about the consequences of your poorly considered choices before getting to this point. All you can do now is place yourself at the mercy of the court and hope they do not violate you on your probation and send you back to jail to finish out your sentence.
I just read through your posts, what a joke. Now I understand. Its not just me, you are rude to everyone. You sure know it all... Dont you? Sike.Most of your posts make you sound like a dumb bass Someone with some more experience with this subject please help.

JRhammy42

YOU PEOPLE ARE IGNORANT. I GUESS I CAME TO THE WRONG SITE. FOR YOUR INFO,I TOLD MY GF OVER AND OVER TO LET ME TAKE THE BLAME BUT SHE DID NOT WANT HER CAR TO BE TOTALED AND NOT HAVE INSURANCE PAY FOR IT. SHE WOULD NOT LET ME TELL THE COP IT WAS ME. HER PARENTS DICTATE HER LIFE AND TOLD HER SHE BETTER MAKE UP A STORY TO THE COPS AND TO THE INSURANCE SO THEY WOULD COVER IT. I WAS NOT EVEN ON SCENE WHEN THE COP ARRIVED.
I think it is hilarious how a bunch of hard up bass wipes think they can bully people around on the internet, sitting behind their screen. Pathetic. Think they know everything and that anyone who is not as good as them is a criminal. You are fools, and one day will realize how many people you hurt in your life by acting that way and hopefully, if you have any feelings, will feel bad for it.

Proserpina

I just read through your posts, what a joke. Now I understand. Its not just me, you are rude to everyone. You sure know it all... Dont you? Sike.Most of your posts make you sound like a dumb bass Someone with some more experience with this subject please help.

Feel free to pay an attorney to listen to you.

Sandy isn't the one at fault here, son.

Proserpina

YOU PEOPLE ARE IGNORANT. I GUESS I CAME TO THE WRONG SITE. FOR YOUR INFO,I TOLD MY GF OVER AND OVER TO LET ME TAKE THE BLAME BUT SHE DID NOT WANT HER CAR TO BE TOTALED AND NOT HAVE INSURANCE PAY FOR IT. SHE WOULD NOT LET ME TELL THE COP IT WAS ME. HER PARENTS DICTATE HER LIFE AND TOLD HER SHE BETTER MAKE UP A STORY TO THE COPS AND TO THE INSURANCE SO THEY WOULD COVER IT. I WAS NOT EVEN ON SCENE WHEN THE COP ARRIVED.
I think it is hilarious how a bunch of hard up bass wipes think they can bully people around on the internet, sitting behind their screen. Pathetic. Think they know everything and that anyone who is not as good as them is a criminal. You are fools, and one day will realize how many people you hurt in your life by acting that way and hopefully, if you have any feelings, will feel bad for it.

What are you, 12? :eek::eek::eek:

JRhammy42

Goodbye

Dont call me son. And no I am not 12, I am 23. But everyone on this site is lame. peace.
I love how this website is advertised "outstanding advice, unbeatable price". More like "outstanding Aholes, Unbeatable negative reviews". has anyone seen the reviews for this forum? shouldve listened, have fun wasting your life on freeadvice.com

Proserpina

Dont call me son. And no I am not 12, I am 23. But everyone on this site is lame. peace.
I love how this website is advertised "outstanding advice, unbeatable price". More like "outstanding Aholes, Unbeatable negative reviews". has anyone seen the reviews for this forum? shouldve listened, have fun wasting your life on freeadvice.com

Okey dokey, son.

:cool:

sandyclaus

ROFL, another satisfied customer.

You wanted advice, you got it. The advice? Grow up and speak your own mind, and maybe you won't go to jail over stupid things your G/F tells you to do. Then maybe you won't need to come to our site to try to figure out how to get out of trouble.

JRhammy42

update

Thank you all for the supporting messages/advice.I heard from the officer and he is not sure what they will do yet. he said they may or may not press charges. I have my fingers crossed. I will always be back for advice. Thank you freeadvice.com. I will post back daily for everyone to see what happens. Thanks for the support and keep supporting !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">