• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asiny

Her parents told us to lie to the officer, who was not present, and tell the trooper she was driving, so the insurance would cover the damage,
Just looking to get your story clear. So her parent told her, and you, to lie.
...so we did that.
And you then you both lied.
I did not lie to the police officer. When the officer arrived, an hour after the accident. My g/f was on scene b/c her parents told her to tell the story.
Now you never lied to the police officer and only your girlfriend was told to lie by her parents?
FOR YOUR INFO,I TOLD MY GF OVER AND OVER TO LET ME TAKE THE BLAME BUT SHE DID NOT WANT HER CAR TO BE TOTALED AND NOT HAVE INSURANCE PAY FOR IT. SHE WOULD NOT LET ME TELL THE COP IT WAS ME.
At no time, when you were with the officer, could you have opened your mouth and produced words that would tell him you were driving?
Your girlfriend placed a gag on your mouth preventing you from speaking?
HER PARENTS DICTATE HER LIFE AND TOLD HER SHE BETTER MAKE UP A STORY TO THE COPS AND TO THE INSURANCE SO THEY WOULD COVER IT. I WAS NOT EVEN ON SCENE WHEN THE COP ARRIVED.
Now you were not on the scene when the cop arrived?
How did you lie to the officer, as you first posted?
How did you leave the scene? Was it close to home for you to get your truck?
Afterwards her parents changed their minds and called the trooper to tell him that I was driving. He called my gf and her lawyer and they made agreement that if she told him the truth he wouldnt press charges on her for the reckless driving or lying to the police. So she told him the truth, not written, but spoken. and he dropped all of her charges, including the reckless driving charge he originally wrote. He told her to have me call him to confirm that I was the driver and I did so.
You spoke to the officer and admitted guilt to being the driver of the vehicle.
He then said he had no choice but to charge me with reckless driving. The problem is, that violates my unsupervised probation which I can not break any laws or be in court for any reason really.
That's just means you made some bad choice in life which caused the 'probation' and now this could be a real PITA on that.
There was no witnesses, Only hear say from her mom , her , and me a little bit.
You spoke to the officer and admitted guilt to being the driver of the vehicle. That's not 'a little bit'.. that's an outright admission of guilt.
I am wondering what to do or if I have any case?
You already have an attorney.. so you are making strides on this already.
Your attorney has probably already advised you on the, potential, outcomes of this case.
Or if he even has a case with nothing in writing that says I was the driver?
and he was not there during the accident and neither was anybody else
1- Surprisingly, most police are not at the scene of an accident before or as it happens.
2- You may have forgotten that your girlfriend was there during the accident. Witnessed you driving the car and you being in control of the vehicle during the accident. Gave the officer a witness statement to the above. And, just incase you have forgotten;
I need to know if he is going to press charges based on his evidence. which is third party hearsay and what I told him over the phone.
One more time;
Dont call me son. And no I am not 12, I am 23.
You lied to the officer, originally, by not admitting you were the driver.
You blame your girlfriend for not allowing you to admit you were the driver because of her super strength to hold your mouth closed.
You listened to her parents when they told you to lie.
You admitted guilt, then wonder if there could even be a charge from it because the officer was not there, you were (apparently) alone and you did not write down your admission.
All of this despite the fact that your girlfriend, and her parents, threw you under the bus- when this entire situation could have been avoided had you spoke up immediately.
The above are not the actions of an adult.

As I said, you have an attorney who will advise you in your best interests... let us know how this goes- especially with the probation- as your experience could assist someone else in the future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">