• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

10 year green card for husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justrun1963

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hi I live in Indiana. My husband and I have been married for 3 years in September of 2008. He applied for his 10 year green card right after our 3rd anniversary. He has not received it and his will expire on his birthday May 4th. I found out in January of 2009 that he has been having an affair since November of 2008. He told me he didn't need me for his green card after the two years. I filed for divorce on April 6th, 2009. My question is....can I stop the 10 year green card process?

Thanks

Last edited:

ImmigAttyLana

Only if you have sufficient evidence to show to USCIS that the marriage was not bona fide from the time it was entered into and that your husband just married you for the green card (I suspect it will be difficult for you to show this at this point). If you cannot, and he IS able to show that the marriage was bona fide but just did not work out, he will be eligible for the green card without conditions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">