• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

12 months & still no will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ashton10

What is the name of your state? Texas. A relative on the west coast passed away 1 year ago this week, my father was named executor to the will, and is also named in the will along with several other friends and relatives of the deceased. One of the large financial companies such as Smith Barney, Merril Lynch is where this relative had his money invested. from what i understand, this company has been handling everything related to the will and is keeping my dad informed, the last i heard, they had everything in order and had to submit it to the IRS back in August. This is all new to the family and my dad is really laid back about it. i am starting to become a little suspicious of the long delay and would like to know if anyone has ever heard of this and could shed some light on what is going on. Is this a normal process, and how long can something like this take? Thx.

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? Texas. A relative on the west coast passed away 1 year ago this week, my father was named executor to the will, and is also named in the will along with several other friends and relatives of the deceased. One of the large financial companies such as Smith Barney, Merril Lynch is where this relative had his money invested. from what i understand, this company has been handling everything related to the will and is keeping my dad informed, the last i heard, they had everything in order and had to submit it to the IRS back in August. This is all new to the family and my dad is really laid back about it. i am starting to become a little suspicious of the long delay and would like to know if anyone has ever heard of this and could shed some light on what is going on. Is this a normal process, and how long can something like this take? Thx.
double post

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=1526047&posted=1#post1526047

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">