• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

12 of 22 in CSB Cases in Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
State: Ohio

One of the grounds for rights to be terminated is if the child has spent 12 of 22 months in CSB's temporary custody. A case of first impression in the state was decided today that finds that counting is hard and it is not just saying 12 of 22 months -- there are factors in how it is counted and what counts towards that 12 of 22. When you do these cases, this case does matter.

In re A.W. (ohio.gov)

Litigator22

State: Ohio

One of the grounds for rights to be terminated is if the child has spent 12 of 22 months in CSB's temporary custody. A case of first impression in the state was decided today that finds that counting is hard and it is not just saying 12 of 22 months -- there are factors in how it is counted and what counts towards that 12 of 22. When you do these cases, this case does matter.

In re A.W. (ohio.gov)

Litigator22

The sole essence of your referenced Ninth District Court of Appeals decision (In the matter of A. W.) rests on this conclusion:

As a matter of law the period of time in which any state agency is exercising "ex parte emergency temporary custody" - as opposed to "temporary custody" - is not to be included in calculating the mentioned statutory "12 of 22 months of temporary custody" rule. (R. C. 2151.414 (B)(1)(d)

Having found that the trial court erroneously applied a seven month period of time when the child was explicitly in but the CBS's "ex parte emergency care" - and thus coming up short of the required 12 months of "temporary custody'' - the appellate court sustained the mother's first and the grandmother sole assignment of error and reversed the trial court's order terminating the parent/child relationship.

With all due respect I'm at a loss to understand wherein you find any support for your puzzling analysis; e. g. , undefined "factors" and such seemingly inexpert expressions as "counting (I assume you mean calculating the respective periods) is hard", etc.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The sole essence of your referenced Ninth District Court of Appeals decision (In the matter of A. W.) rests on this conclusion:

As a matter of law the period of time in which any state agency is exercising "ex parte emergency temporary custody" - as opposed to "temporary custody" - is not to be included in calculating the mentioned statutory "12 of 22 months of temporary custody" rule. (R. C. 2151.414 (B)(1)(d)

Having found that the trial court erroneously applied a seven month period of time when the child was explicitly in but the CBS's "ex parte emergency care" - and thus coming up short of the required 12 months of "temporary custody'' - the appellate court sustained the mother's first and the grandmother sole assignment of error and reversed the trial court's order terminating the parent/child relationship.

With all due respect I'm at a loss to understand wherein you find any support for your puzzling analysis; e. g. , undefined "factors" and such seemingly inexpert expressions as "counting (I assume you mean calculating the respective periods) is hard", etc.
You would be at a loss. But I can't give you a map to get your way out. Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">