• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16yr old in foster care dating 24yr old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amandarez

To play devil's advocate....

Ok - not on the law part. Guardian does not want child to see adult man, child cannot see adult man, and he goes to jail if he violates. Doesn't matter whether or not she is over the age of consent, she is still a minor.

But I don't think he is quite as creepy as everyone thinks. He is 24 but in the military so in reality how adult can he be? Someone tells him when to get up, when to go to bed, what to do and what to think..... no wonder he has a lot in common with a 16yo. :D

And the entire post read like a 16yo wrote it - so "world is out to get me" and "I know everything because I researched it!" Almost makes you believe that they wrote it together. :)

In general, I would be the first one to jump over the ickyness/illegality of adult/children but I don't get the feeling that that is the intent.

Silverplum

If you have no legal info to impart, just your ~feelings~, then why post?? It's a legal board, not a support board.

Ok - not on the law part. Guardian does not want child to see adult man, child cannot see adult man, and he goes to jail if he violates. Doesn't matter whether or not she is over the age of consent, she is still a minor.

But I don't think he is quite as creepy as everyone thinks. He is 24 but in the military so in reality how adult can he be? Someone tells him when to get up, when to go to bed, what to do and what to think..... no wonder he has a lot in common with a 16yo. :D

And the entire post read like a 16yo wrote it - so "world is out to get me" and "I know everything because I researched it!" Almost makes you believe that they wrote it together. :)

In general, I would be the first one to jump over the ickyness/illegality of adult/children but I don't get the feeling that that is the intent.

mike_lee

A baby of a mere 16 years old.
gotta love the double standard here, If they do anything wrong they are filthy vicious animals who need to be tried and convicted as adults. But let someone kiss them and suddenly they are innocent little babes in arms.

But seriously dude move on this is jail bait and you should know better.

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

This has to be the most disrespectful thing I have ever read. Put on the uniform and head to Iraq, then come back and tell us what a immature child you are. Granted this guy sounds creepy, but you can be a creepy 24 yr.old working at 7-11 also.

amandarez

Seriously do you think...

Seconded, along with a Bonus Promise: YOU will NEVER get any help here.
I would want anyone's help from this board?

I actually read it only for the entertainment value - I haven't seen any indication that most of you are actually lawyers or at the very least have PASSED the bar -- the ones that actually are, you can kind of tell because of how they write.

Pretty much every post in the criminal and family law section has someone jumping down the OP throat - whether it is someone writing about domestic violence, divorce or being charged with a crime.

So I don't think you are lawyers - or if you are, you are taking out your day to day frustrations on mostly uneducated (in the ways of the law) people who are in a mess (whether it is of their own making or not) and are just trying to find info.

There is another site - which will remain unnamed - where the people responding are much more even handed and knowledgeable. To give an example - some guy wrote in about him and his underage girlfriend - asking what was and was not allowed. the responders pulled up the statutes, explained them and the guy responded saying he understood and was going to break up with her. No one had to yell at him and call him a pervert - do you think that actually works?

With this poster - you jumped all over him for not understanding the difference between age of consent and age of majority. A simple BASIC explanation probably would have sufficed - but I only saw one person actually explain it and the hostility jumped off the page.

Thanks for not letting me get "free advice"

amandarez

Classic

This has to be the most disrespectful thing I have ever read. Put on the uniform and head to Iraq, then come back and tell us what a immature child you are. Granted this guy sounds creepy, but you can be a creepy 24 yr.old working at 7-11 also.
I didn't say he was an immature child I was just pointing out that the army isn't known for teaching independence. Soldiers are great at what they do but they aren't taught to question authority - it would get them and their unit killed.

And no - I don't work at a 7-11. I actually take care of the boys who come home mangled and need extensive medical care and physical and occupational therapy to relearn how to do basic tasks with their god awful injuries. If you have spent any time with them at all, you would realize that no matter their experiences or how many people they have killed, they are still just kids who are hurting.

I am doing my part - what are you doing? yelling at some poor soldier who is just trying to figure out what he can and cannot do. Yeah - what a patriotic act....

The Occultist

Amandarez, people used to give responses like the one you were trying to describe, but, you see, the juvenile law forum is filled to bursting of that exact same question over and over and over and over and over and over again. If these people don't want to help themselves, why should anybody else?

Just Blue

I would want anyone's help from this board?

I actually read it only for the entertainment value - I haven't seen any indication that most of you are actually lawyers or at the very least have PASSED the bar -- the ones that actually are, you can kind of tell because of how they write.

Pretty much every post in the criminal and family law section has someone jumping down the OP throat - whether it is someone writing about domestic violence, divorce or being charged with a crime.

So I don't think you are lawyers - or if you are, you are taking out your day to day frustrations on mostly uneducated (in the ways of the law) people who are in a mess (whether it is of their own making or not) and are just trying to find info.

There is another site - which will remain unnamed - where the people responding are much more even handed and knowledgeable. To give an example - some guy wrote in about him and his underage girlfriend - asking what was and was not allowed. the responders pulled up the statutes, explained them and the guy responded saying he understood and was going to break up with her. No one had to yell at him and call him a pervert - do you think that actually works?

With this poster - you jumped all over him for not understanding the difference between age of consent and age of majority. A simple BASIC explanation probably would have sufficed - but I only saw one person actually explain it and the hostility jumped off the page.

Thanks for not letting me get "free advice"

I know the forum that you are referring to...Most of the answers are wrong. The incorrect legal answers are left there to confuse the OP and any other member that actually does a search. Of course the moderator removes the "offensive" and "rude" LEGALLY CORRECT answers...but the idiotic nice response stays there. Yup! That is really helpful to some guy that is about to get nailed for statutory rape. :rolleyes:

>Charlotte<

Lurker
I didn't say he was an immature child
What you said was:

He is 24 but in the military so in reality how adult can he be?
Calling him an immature child might not be what you meant, but saying "he's not very adult" and comparing him to a 16 year old doesn't leave a lot of room for misinterpretation.

You also said:

Someone tells him when to get up, when to go to bed, what to do and what to think
Then, for someone who claims to work up close and personal with soldiers you sure don't seem to know a lot about them. My son was told what to do, when to do it, when to go to bed, and when to get up. For exactly six weeks. While they were teaching him not what to think, but how to think and act independently so he could keep himself and his unit alive. He was taught how to use his intelligence and independence to solve problems unique to the military. I see the results every day and I know few young men who possess the same level of maturity, independence, resourcefulness, and capability as he. The only manner in which he is now "told what to do" is to the same extent that any of us are given instructions to do our own jobs--and I can just about guarantee that he's given a lot more leeway (with a lot more responsibility) than most of us civilians.

Your statement that military men and women are nothing more than immature robots who can't move without being told which way to turn is simply ignorant at best, and disrespectful at worst.

I took offense to that and said so. I don't give a rat's ass about all that other nonsense. If you don't give a rat's ass that it offends me, that's fine too.

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

I didn't say he was an immature child I was just pointing out that the army isn't known for teaching independence.
1. You said "How adult could he be? He is in the military. The word *immature means the same thing*
2. Let me tell you what Basic is all about. The first few weeks is to break you down, the last few weeks is to build you up, to learn respect for your fellow soldier, how to cover your fellow soldier, and how to be a responsible human being.

Soldiers are great at what they do but they aren't taught to question authority - it would get them and their unit killed.
That could not be farther from the truth. Troops have meetings all the time on how to better things, new ideas, and ect.
And no - I don't work at a 7-11.
I never said you did, do you have a comprehension problem?
I actually take care of the boys who come home mangled and need extensive medical care and physical and occupational therapy to relearn how to do basic tasks with their god awful injuries. If you have spent any time with them at all, you would realize that no matter their experiences or how many people they have killed, they are still just kids who are hurting.[
Sure some are young, but you could be in the military for 20 years, and still come home hurting inside. I hurt for them all the time.
I am doing my part - what are you doing?
yelling at some poor soldier who is just trying to figure out what he can and cannot do. Yeah - what a patriotic act....
He is not some poor soldier, he is a soldier that should know better, but doesn't.
My part? You don't deserve to know.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">