• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1st time misdemeanor battery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cyjeff

Wait wait wait... you FOLLOWED someone who cut you off then slapped her? Why didn't you end up with road rage charges too?

"i've just been trying to handle a great deal of stress and lost my head for a moment"

Well then you certainly do not ever belong in a classroom. If you are the kind of person who will lose your head when you are under stress what makes you think being in a room with 25 young children for several hours a day is a good idea? Change majors.
STILL three years old.

wisner4x5

I would like to make a few points:

First, I know that this thread is old and I see that someone else was derided for "necroposting." Just because a thread is old does not mean that more information can't be useful to someone interested in the general topic in the future. As a matter of fact, I found the thread while researching the topic and it doesn't matter to me if a response was made near the time that the original question was made or much later.

Second, why do some of the people responding here keep saying that the woman who asked the question should not be a teacher? She never said anything about being a teacher. (I sure hope the people who said that are not lawyers because, if they are, they sure don't know how to read carefully).

Third, some people are being way too hard on the woman. She made a mistake. Some of those who responded make it sound like she is a dangerous criminal who should stay out of all social situations. If that is the case, almost nobody should ever be around anyone else ever. Lighten up! It seems like some just relished the opportunity to kick the woman while she was down which, ironically, shows that they may have problems as well. She came here to get some advice about a relatively minor incident but not only did some people NOT read her question carefully but they even seemed to want to simply make her feel bad.

To the person who posted the original question: I hope everything went well for you and I'm willing to bet that nothing happened that will limit your future in any way at all. I'm sure it felt serious to you at the time but I'm sure things have turned out just fine. I apologize for those who seemed bent on upsetting and scaring you and for not even bothering to read your original post carefully and trying to make you feel like you couldn't be trusted around anyone, especially children. I am also willing to bet that those very people have made FAR worse mistakes themself.

cyjeff

First... because laws change. Three years ago and now don't mean the same thing.

Second...the OP said she wanted to be a teacher in the very first post. If you are going to be demanding we dredge up old crap from the dawn of time, don't further waste this board's time by not even friggin READING it. ESPECIALLY after your lecture to the rest of us about how we should have. If you look, the original poster changed her story... but the judge quoted her verbatim before she did that.

Apparently, she was too embarrassed to admit she wanted to be around children.

Third... a person that loses it and resorts to violence over a near miss fender bender cannot control themselves. There are teachers all over the country out of work right now. She is in the back of that line... and for very good reason.

Last edited:

Twyalgirl

Thank you

Because I could not find posts that could help/relate to me! I felt bad for the thread leader. I wanted to give my input, even if it ends up being time-invalid. Others might find this page helpful, if they find it through google search. Sorry, I will post a new thread or something next time.
Thank you for posting!! I am in very similar situation, didn't slap someone, but we "touched". I'm being charged with battery 784.03-7, and this was helpful...even 4 years after the original thread! Like you said, came up on a BING search.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">