• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 DUI's in MI - living in OH?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

FKNA said:
You made a comment about "justice". Let's set aside the Ohio dwi laws for a moment, because in my eyes....they're "fair". Instead, let's talk about Texas dwi laws. On a third offense they treat it as a felony. Do you personally consider that "fair" and/or "justice"

APPROXIMATELY 7 MONTHS AGO, FKNA STATED THE FOLLOWING :

FKNA

"Let me give you a little history. 7 years ago I got two dwi's back to back. There's a reason I got two of them back to back (because I was drinking and driving during that period of my life).
There's also a good reason why I haven't had one since (for I found it too much of a hassle, cost too much, and third one would be treated as a felony). If I drink out, it is far cheaper and far less of a hassle to pay $20 for the cab and retrieve my vehicle the next day."

My comment:

Well, it would appear that, in Texas, a 3rd DUI/DWI should be a felony according to FKNA. It seems that the level of the crime has supposedly stopped FKNA from drinking and driving. So, it's a wonderful deterrent.

So, it would further appear that a 3rd arrest, with a felony rap in the bargain, has at least purportedly stopped FKNA. Now, THAT'S Justice. And, as Martha Stewart would say, "It's a good thing."

IAAL

R

reconmp

Ok, Pawlak, now I believe you have earned a truthful reply. admitting you have a problem shows signs of a mature person. Ohio will probably find out about the DUI. This will effect you license, your insurance etc.... but not jail time. They may, and can suspend your liscense from their state, but if you show you have completed the requirements, attend AA or something to that nature, you may escape, but again..... that's a maybe. I'm not an expert on your state, but they do talk.....it just depends on if the otherside listens.

You have done the requirements, time served, so short of them taking your D/L, there isn't really anything they can do. You broke the law in another state, and have already paid for that. They can't impose the same punishment on you....double jeopardy is not allowed.

Please do not drive drunk, seriously..... if you go somewhere and put a bottle or glass to your mouth, lose the keys..... it could cost you so dearly, or someone innocent very dearly.

Good luck.

M

mcormick

I wouldnt worry too much about what people on this web site said,You made a mistake and know you have to deal with it.The people that had something to say about your problem . Im sure they have made mistakes as well as some skeletons in thier closet. Trust me,thier not any better. good luck

D

deefran

mcormick said:
I wouldnt worry too much about what people on this web site said,You made a mistake and know you have to deal with it.The people that had something to say about your problem . Im sure they have made mistakes as well as some skeletons in thier closet. Trust me,thier not any better. good luck
To make the same mistake again and again that puts people's lives at risk is not a simple "skeleton in the closet"...it's a serious condition that signs others death warrants long before they even know it.

M

mcormick

death warrant

Have you been arrested for DUI, or do you work for the court system??? Im just wondering.You are right people that have 4 DUIs and working on the 5th have a problem.This guy only had 2,and hopefully he learned by know.The people that cracked on him the way they did,Im sorry it was wrong and immature.

D

deefran

Re: death warrant

mcormick said:
Have you been arrested for DUI, or do you work for the court system??? Im just wondering.You are right people that have 4 DUIs and working on the 5th have a problem.This guy only had 2,and hopefully he learned by know.The people that cracked on him the way they did,Im sorry it was wrong and immature.
Never been arrested for a DUI nor a do I work at a court house. The FIRST time someone drinks and drives puts others lives at risk...when someone doesn't learn from a first mistake that costs them jail time, fines, their license etc...has a problem if they decide to do it a second time. My beloved uncle, aunt and 2 young cousins, ages 3 and 7 were killed by a drunk driver on their way home from my wedding (in which no one was allowed to leave intoxicated)...the driver that hit and killed them on my wedding day was just leaving a party and it was his 1st time drinking and driving...Still think it takes more than once to make a fatal mistake??

M

mcormick

wedding day

Sorry about your wedding day. but ,Maybe you should join MADD forum,you would be more helpfull there than you would be here cutting people down.Im sure you have the right ideas,but ,I think MADD would be more up your alley.

D

deefran

Re: wedding day

mcormick said:
Sorry about your wedding day. but ,Maybe you should join MADD forum,you would be more helpfull there than you would be here cutting people down.Im sure you have the right ideas,but ,I think MADD would be more up your alley.
You know, I have not said anything remotely cutting....I never called anyone names nor have I been nasty. This is an OPEN forum which leaves posts here OPEN for discussion. Yes, it's also a legal forum, but as of yet I haven't read anything from you that can be construed as legal advice. I was merely responding to what others have been discussing on here. So why don't you hold off telling me where to go and I'll be polite and do the same? ;)

M

mcormick

not a lawyer

last time on this post,people are gonna think were married.(lol) Im not a lawyer (thank God)Ive been throught this 2x myself,plus alot of friends,co-workers,etc.......I give advice to help people throught it,and to let them know thier is a way out.I dont want to give legal advice,they can hire a phoney lawyer for that.You have a lot of bitterness about what happened from your expereiance.I accept that.But,you have to accept everybody else oppion as well.I dont like hunting,but I dont go to thier web sites and join thier forums.Im just saying that you would be better off at MADD because they are into preventive education.This forum is for people that alreadly made the mistake. see where Im going with this.You can stay here but, ????????????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">