• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 Lawsuits at the same time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blissfully

What is the name of your state? New York

Currently I'm in a law suit for a medication called zyprexa that my psychiatrist prescribed. It has caused me to become a diabetic. There is no diabetic history in my family as far back as anyone knows. The other day a friend asked me if I had taken either Risperdal or Seroquel. I had told them that I had taken both. I asked why they said there was law suits against both drugs. All three drugs, the Zyprexa and Risperdal and Seroquel can and or have caused diabetes. There are other symptoms that are listed in the Risperdal and Seroquel that are not listed in the Zyprexa. Is it legal to have 2 medication lawsuits at the same time? Can all 3 be sued?
Under the Zyprexa law suit they are offering a certain amount according to a grid related to age, non insulin, insulin, loss of limb, death categories. I disagree with the amount they offered being my medication costs about $900 - $1000 a month. After the lawyers fee's, I will be left with enough to pay for JUST my meds for maybe 3 yrs time. What of the other diabetic complications that I have already. Neuropathy that has caused my toes to go numb and is now moving up my legs. What about a little while down the road if I lose a limb?
I know there are several questions here, any help anyone can give will be appreciated, and thank you in advance.

lya

What is the name of your state? New York

Currently I'm in a law suit for a medication called zyprexa that my psychiatrist prescribed. It has caused me to become a diabetic. There is no diabetic history in my family as far back as anyone knows. The other day a friend asked me if I had taken either Risperdal or Seroquel. I had told them that I had taken both. I asked why they said there was law suits against both drugs. All three drugs, the Zyprexa and Risperdal and Seroquel can and or have caused diabetes. There are other symptoms that are listed in the Risperdal and Seroquel that are not listed in the Zyprexa. Is it legal to have 2 medication lawsuits at the same time? Can all 3 be sued?
Under the Zyprexa law suit they are offering a certain amount according to a grid related to age, non insulin, insulin, loss of limb, death categories. I disagree with the amount they offered being my medication costs about $900 - $1000 a month. After the lawyers fee's, I will be left with enough to pay for JUST my meds for maybe 3 yrs time. What of the other diabetic complications that I have already. Neuropathy that has caused my toes to go numb and is now moving up my legs. What about a little while down the road if I lose a limb?
I know there are several questions here, any help anyone can give will be appreciated, and thank you in advance.
Ask your class action attorney. Do a websearch for class action lawsuits against the makers of the medications in question; complete one or more of the many 'contact us' forms and submit it/them. Be sure to include that you are involved in a lawsuit against Lily r/t Zyprexa and are in the settlement phase of your lawsuit.

Diabetic medications do not cost $900-$1000 per month. Lily is not required to pay for all of your medical treatment, just the part that is associated with the damages from its product.

My advice? You have an attorney; speak with him/her.

You Are Guilty

And yes, you are allowed to have multiple lawsuits pending at the same time. However, in a case like this, where the claims obviously "overlap", you must be very careful how you proceed as anything you say/do in one suit can be used against you in the other. As noted, you need to speak to your attorney!

ecmst12

And of course, you do have some measure of control over your diabetes; if you can keep your blood sugar controlled, your complications will likely not progress. I know that even with full compliance with meds and diet sometimes blood sugar can still be difficult to control, but being compliant still makes a big difference.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">