• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

22348(B) VC Exceeding 100 MPH - 65 Zone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CdwJava

SPORTcoupe said:
This is the sad part: If you could do it, you would do it.
Oh, please ... if you can't understand that my comment was sarcastic and not serious,then you need to chill out a lot more than I would have thought.

I pointed it out in that manner to demonstrate just how errant such a policy would be.

The term "Peace Officer" is about as oxymoronic as saying "Military Intelligence" or "The U.S. Department of Justice"
<Yawn> Yeah, yeah, yeah ... you got any original material?

Are you proud of what you do?
Yes, as a matter of fact.

We should all be proud of what we do and how we do it. So long as what we do is legal, moral, and ethical, then go for it!

As fun as it would be to live outside the law, I would feel no better than the Mortuary Salesperson pushing out caskets at $5000/piece.
I don't know ... I've never lived outside the law or sold caskets.

You're ripping off hard-working people who are trying to get to work on time.
I am? Huh ... here I thought I was citing speeders, reckless drivers, arresting criminals, returning lost children, getting shot at, and all sort of other things.

Silly me.

- Carl

rmet4nzkx

CdwJava said:
Oh, please ... if you can't understand that my comment was sarcastic and not serious,then you need to chill out a lot more than I would have thought.

I pointed it out in that manner to demonstrate just how errant such a policy would be.

<Yawn> Yeah, yeah, yeah ... you got any original material?

Yes, as a matter of fact.

We should all be proud of what we do and how we do it. So long as what we do is legal, moral, and ethical, then go for it!

I don't know ... I've never lived outside the law or sold caskets.

I am? Huh ... here I thought I was citing speeders, reckless drivers, arresting criminals, returning lost children, getting shot at, and all sort of other things.

Silly me.

- Carl
Do you rescue kitties stuck in trees too? Or is that only firefighters? :)

Shay-Pari'e

I travel that stretch of 80 daily,and it is a hectic 5 lane, (6 in my area), traffic congested nightmare. RMET and I both live in this area, and the fog has been horrible for weeks. You talk about your "Peaceful Driving"?, ....what about ours?

You will not be able to transfer this from Solano county. Prey you do not get Com. Wieser, he won't like your attitude, especially with that speed.

rmet4nzkx

--PARIDISE-- said:
I travel that stretch of 80 daily,and it is a hectic 5 lane, (6 in my area), traffic congested nightmare. RMET and I both live in this area, and the fog has been horrible for weeks. You talk about your "Peaceful Driving"?, ....what about ours?

You will not be able to transfer this from Solano county. Prey you do not get Com. Wieser, he won't like your attitude, especially with that speed.
:D Awwwwwww Now he'll go ask for a different comisioner :rolleyes:
Did you mean pray? LOL You said PREY! :cool:

CdwJava

rmet4nzkx said:
Do you rescue kitties stuck in trees too? Or is that only firefighters? :)
No ... but I HAVE pulled them out of storm drains. :)

Oh ... wait ... that was a firefighter ... I just held the ladder down in to it. Drat! :mad:

- Carl

Shay-Pari'e

rmet4nzkx said:
:D Awwwwwww Now he'll go ask for a different comisioner :rolleyes:
Did you mean pray? LOL You said PREY! :cool:
Com. Daniels is the only other traffic judge, and he will have fun with him also.

Ya! I meant pray,lol.

Shay-Pari'e

CdwJava said:

Oh ... wait ... that was a firefighter ... I just held the ladder down in to it. Drat! :mad:

- Carl
But you made a huge impact on the Kitty! ;)

SPORTcoupe

rmet4nzkx said:
I'm not the system!
Sorry bout that. Didn't mean you. I actually took your advice about appearing in court into consideration but I'd rather not, so I'll put that off for later.
I don't think it's fair that I have to spend my time and effrot defending myself.
If the cop had to drive on his free time to meet me half-way, I'd consider the system a bit closer to fair.

rmet4nzkx said:
I'm not biased, I'm educated, I'm not a cop or a judge. Funny thing I got a speeding ticket in the same jurisdiciton as you and the cop showed up AND I won! Guess I know somehting.
I don't deny the fact that you know something.
The most important thing you know is that you were innocent of the charge.
Everything else could be picked up in endless law books and I was hoping here.

~Alan

rmet4nzkx

SPORTcoupe said:
Sorry bout that. Didn't mean you. I actually took your advice about appearing in court into consideration but I'd rather not, so I'll put that off for later.
I don't think it's fair that I have to spend my time and effrot defending myself.
If the cop had to drive on his free time to meet me half-way, I'd consider the system a bit closer to fair.

I don't deny the fact that you know something.
The most important thing you know is that you were innocent of the charge.
Everything else could be picked up in endless law books and I was hoping here.

~Alan
Difference is that I was both inocent and had a valid defense, you have neither, the best you can hope for is to do damage control.

rmet4nzkx

CdwJava said:

- Carl
I'm sure Kitty was very happy to be rescued and at least your uniform didn't get messed up :) Someone has to steady the ladder :) Once PG&E had to come out to fix a street light, they had to repair a broken wire in the street they sent out 2 trucks, 6 men, two dug the hole and 4 watched, it took two days.....

SPORTcoupe

Well at least the mood in this thread has lightened up a bit.

I understand as well as anyone that they're going to try to drill me to the full extent because 100+ mph speeds are reckless and stupid, but the problem is, I wasn't going 101+ as the tickets says.

It's funny though how you guys admit that commissioners Wieser and Daniels "will have fun" with me.
The judge shouldn't be "having fun" with anyone.
He should take both sides of the story into consideration and make a judgement based on facts, not based on how "funny" the look on my face will be when he finds me guilty.

Oh, and now that I started replying, i saw your last response, rmet4nzkx.
So you're saying I'm guilty. Were you there? Seems to me like you're quick to judge.
Just remember, at some point, you were the one having to defend yourself when they all assumed you were guilty.

Do police officers get at least a slap on the wrist for wrongly accusing when the defendant is found to be innocent? NO.
Can I counter-sue a police officer for wrongly accusing? Hmmmmm....anyone?

~Alan

rmet4nzkx

Alan,
Alan,
Alan,

Haaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh...........

You admitted you were speeding, and you didn't know how fast you were going, you can't prove you were not going over 100 and both com. just as Paridise and I know how fast people drive out there when traffic is light. You were driving too fast for the conditions and you had to slam on your breaks to slow down, but the CHP already had you nailed. There is nothing to judge. Now if you want a chance to get it reduced I suggest you go in person and don't complain about the system being unfair. The judges will have fun with you because traffic court hears the same excuses over and over and over and over and over again a job you wouldn't want for a single day. Being on the freeway instead of a street makes a big difference in fighting the ticket.

JETX

SPORTcoupe said:
I find your little 'symbol' interesting.....
It looks like a pacifier to me.... so that either means YOU SUCK, or you are a baby.
Actually, you are more than likely both. :D

Shay-Pari'e

If there is any chance for you to get this lowered to a simple speeding ticket, you may want to get serious about this. Honestly, you cannot prove your speed, and that is the point.

I did not mean "Having fun with you" in the way you took it. What I meant and still do mean, is if you decide to appear with the attitude you have, they will simply throw the book at you and dismiss you. I highly recommend you appear if you have any chance of this being lowered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">